Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 796 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Here are the 18 new babies (and the three I hatched from another breeder last month). I'm really happy I didn't get a single quitter (just two infertile). A couple babies were malpositioned and couldn't turn to zip so needed a little help but most hatched really well on their own. :D

(Sorry for the bad picture, I took over 20 and this was the best that showed them all in one shot, I'm just really terrible at taking pictures). :lol:

silkie babies 18.jpg

Right now I'm thinking about keeping these 4 (from at least 3 different moms) and seeing how they turn out. :)

DSC_0466.jpg

I took this photo today and I'm in love :love

View attachment 1980143

Aww what a beautiful baby! :love

Looks like cotton candy. So floofy.

Indeed! So fluffy!

Here are the 18 new babies (and the three I hatched from another breeder last month). I'm really happy I didn't get a single quitter (just two infertile). A couple babies were malpositioned and couldn't turn to zip so needed a little help but most hatched really well on their own. :D

(Sorry for the bad picture, I took over 20 and this was the best that showed them all in one shot, I'm just really terrible at taking pictures). :lol:

View attachment 1980283

Right now I'm thinking about keeping these 4 (from at least 3 different moms) and seeing how they turn out. :)

View attachment 1980314

All those chicks are adorable! You'll have to keep us updated with photos!

View attachment 1980283

View attachment 1980314

So many balls of fluff.

All the ones I had, had early wattle growth turned out to be male. We'll just have to wait, & see.

Ah since mine are bearded cross partially bearded, the ones that hatch with a poor beard tend to have gross looking 'wattle patches' whereas the fully bearded ones hatch with no patches.

Hopefully when I get my next male they'll all hatch fully bearded all the time!

Ah since mine are bearded cross partially bearded, the ones that hatch with a poor beard tend to have gross looking 'wattle patches' whereas the fully bearded ones hatch with no patches.

Hopefully when I get my next male they'll all hatch fully bearded all the time!
I like silkies with half beards.
0826191337.jpg
They give them a Fu Manchu, look.

Back
Top Bottom