Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 795 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Looks male to me, I have a black silkie cockerel that doesn't carry his body like a boy.
Thanks everyone. I hadn't given an update because the Saturday (14th) after this conversation a hawk/owl got my little Nugget so we won't ever know. Somehow Nugs didn't get into the run before I left for a social. My son found the little thing under our holly about 8pm Still breaks my heart seeing this, but because of this post I have lots of pictures of the silly, not so smart, little chick.

Still don't know about Winifred, but the gang turned 25 weeks Monday. We adopted/rescued a Partridge (?) mid January who is already laying. Almost had 2 chicks, but she played bowling with them about day 8. Here's our oldest girl Serena, and Winifred who we still don't know the goofs status - Wini or Fred.
Serena 15 month.jpg
Winifred 25 weeks.jpg

Been busy with hatching babies, I had 18 fertile out of the 20 eggs and so far 17 have hatched and I'm just waiting on the last one (he/she has an external pip and should be out pretty soon). It's been really exciting seeing everyone hatch but I'll be happy when this last one is out and the hatch is over so I can relax and get some decent sleep. :lol:

Those guys look lovely! I hope you are able to find a good home for Zoltan. :)

Good luck with the 10 remaining eggs! Sorry to hear about the little one with the heartbeat.

Aww what a cutie!
so exciting

Thanks everyone. I hadn't given an update because the Saturday (14th) after this conversation a hawk/owl got my little Nugget so we won't ever know. Somehow Nugs didn't get into the run before I left for a social. My son found the little thing under our holly about 8pm Still breaks my heart seeing this, but because of this post I have lots of pictures of the silly, not so smart, little chick.

Still don't know about Winifred, but the gang turned 25 weeks Monday. We adopted/rescued a Partridge (?) mid January who is already laying. Almost had 2 chicks, but she played bowling with them about day 8. Here's our oldest girl Serena, and Winifred who we still don't know the goofs status - Wini or Fred.View attachment 2031162View attachment 2031163
The partridge looks female. The black is hard to tell, but maybe female too.

I can see that this thread is very slowed down, and before it comes to a complete halt I want to say thank you to all the other silkie lovers on here who "chatted silkie" with me. I think you're all great people and I am glad I met you all. I hope we'll see each other around the forums. Thanks @HuffleClaw for starting this, it's been a lot of fun!
I loved all the picture of handsome roosters, beautiful girls, and adorable chicks! Long live the silkie breed!
I love this thread, I hope it doesn't end. Or gets restarted. If been missing for a couple of months but "seeing" everyone makes it better.

Still don't know about Winifred, but the gang turned 25 weeks Monday. We adopted/rescued a Partridge (?) mid January who is already laying. Almost had 2 chicks, but she played bowling with them about day 8. Here's our oldest girl Serena, and Winifred who we still don't know the goofs status - Wini or Fred.View attachment 2031162View attachment 2031163

Oh no, I'm so sorry about little Nugget. :( :hugs

Serena and Winifred are adorable! :love

I'm not great at guessing sex yet so I'm not much help in that regard. By 25 weeks usually I'll see streamers and some comb development in boys and sometimes they'll be crowing by then (actually most of my boys are crowing by then). Your little Winifred looks more girly to me than boyish given her/his age but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom