Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 796 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
I hear Cheeeeeping! One egg zipping early! Smokey got off for a quick drink - I haven't seen a broody get off their eggs at this stage in a hatch! Hopefully she will look after them! 😬 ..I haven't candled the 2 eggs she had out of the nest, but they aren't green rotten smelling so I'm guessing they may still be ok!
View attachment 2854932

Oh my goodness how exciting! I'm routing for all 5 little ones to hatch (and hope Smokey does a good job raising them)! :fl

Oh no! It was @Silkie Princess's birthday a few days ago AND I FORGOT!!!!
Season 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

I decided to celebrate it here and not on her profile because she is the Princess of Silkies!🤣

Any updates on the chicks, @ForTheLoveOfSilkies? 🤔
Photos?😍
I did a quick candle here DAY 3 of the 3 eggs under Layla, and I could see development in all of them.😊
That's awesome all 3 are developing! Go Layla! :woot

I hear the chicks but not seeing any pop little heads out yet, I don't want to disturb her, I'm guessing the 2 eggs that were left out may take longer before they start hatching 🤔
I will post pics as soon as I get one of the chicks!! :jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy

It's yellow with grey bits!!?
View attachment 2855788

Aww what a cutie, so pretty! 🥰

That color is right along the lines of what I would expect given the parents. I'd say the stripes are likely from the partridge influence and it likely has columbian involved like dad that is generally making it lighter than a normal partridge or silver partridge chick (or that is my guess anyway). 😁

Back
Top Bottom