Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 794 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Here's the 3rd!
Fairly yellow/white looking considering Chino probably mother. IMG_20211019_110412.jpg

And here's pic of Beaks today, crossbeak IMG_20211019_095323.jpg
IMG_20211019_095347.jpg

The 3rd chick seems to be yellow and have orange on wings, can't see dark bits which I thought some of its mums colour would show black/dark bits?
@LadiesAndJane @LynnaePB ? If Chino is mum isn't this strange? Did it get all its colour from Biscuit?
I am not sure. Looks like it must have gotten the coloring from Biscuit! Going to be exciting to see this one feather out!😊

The 3rd chick seems to be yellow and have orange on wings, can't see dark bits which I thought some of its mums colour would show black/dark bits?
@LadiesAndJane @LynnaePB ? If Chino is mum isn't this strange? Did it get all its colour from Biscuit?
View attachment 2870647
View attachment 2870649
View attachment 2870650

Aww what a cutie!!! 🥰

That coloring does look interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if he/she turns out recessive white though. Sometimes the recessive whites have some odd colored down. Since you already got one white chick in the last hatch we can assume Biscuit is carrying recessive white (unless they had different dads). Chino could be as well making some recessive white chicks possible with that pairing (with both carrying recessive white you should get 25% recessive white chicks). If the wing feathers start coming in white that will confirm that is probably it (though not definitely until later on). I'm stumped on what the little one might be if not recessive white, it would be really neat to see how it turns out if not though! 😁

Posted this on the Halloween hatch-along as well, but thought I would share here too. 😊
Because some of my polkies and silkies look almost identical at hatch, I decided to make some separators with plastic embroidery cards for lockdown.
We will be out for several hours on the next hatch day and I wanted to make sure I know which chick was which, if they hatched while we are away.
Got the idea by searching online. Could also come in handy if you have eggs from different hens in the same breed and want to make sure you know which chicks came from which hens.😊
63967E3F-EF40-4014-A166-742D76155F6A.jpeg

97DF4E5F-2232-444C-8CD7-A7DD34728531.jpeg

5694B3B1-BB2F-4DD2-B709-53B1739199CC.jpeg

Posted this on the Halloween hatch-along as well, but thought I would share here too. 😊
Because some of my polkies and silkies look almost identical at hatch, I decided to make some separators with plastic embroidery cards for lockdown.
We will be out for several hours on the next hatch day and I wanted to make sure I know which chick was which, if they hatched while we are away.
Got the idea by searching online. Could also come in handy if you have eggs from different hens in the same breed and want to make sure you know which chicks came from which hens.😊View attachment 2871516
View attachment 2871521
View attachment 2871522
This is a great idea!! Thanks for sharing with added pictures, I love this.

Back
Top Bottom