Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 795 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Congrats that Pebbles is a girl:celebrateI'm so happy for you!
Thank you!!! She was such a pleasant surprise... funny, after the first few weeks, i was sure i had only 2 females and 4 males... so im so so happy to actually have 4 females and only 2 males!! So far the males are soooooo sweet too... 😍

Thank you!!! She was such a pleasant surprise... funny, after the first few weeks, i was sure i had only 2 females and 4 males... so im so so happy to actually have 4 females and only 2 males!! So far the males are soooooo sweet too... 😍
You are lucky :woot
Sweet little Pebbles - and what a beautiful crest she now is growing 🥰
Yeah, if males are sweet they are really sweet - can/will you keep them both if they get along together?

Thinking about surprise-Pebbles makes me think of my little Kasimir (formerly Babette) - we really thought he is a girl till the day when he suddenly started to crow (directly about 10 times in a row 😂) My mom still says that she feels betrayed 🤣

IMG_0150.JPG

Omg how exciting :wee
Fingers crossed that they will all hatch well :fl
Please keep us posted ❤️
So legally, i can have 8 chickens total, one of which can be a rooster. keeping both roosters puts me at 10... my neighbors want me to have 100 chickens, so they won't be a problem, but im hoping the roosters (Fred and Barney) won't be too loud (well, they can't wake mama), and that they'll get along. If that's the case, YES!! I would want both.

The polish is just so funny, he doesn't want to be held, and is terrified of the tiny D'uccles 🤣 but he's just so sweet with his little flock. The silkie is soooo nice, eats from my hand, let's me hold and cuddle him.. so i just can't part with either right now. If things change with noise or personality, i might have to rehome, but for now, they're keepers 🥰

In the last 30 minutes, 2 out of the 3 Chiquita eggs externally pipped!!!

Oh so exciting!!! I hope all three end up hatching for you! :fl

Thinking about surprise-Pebbles makes me think of my little Kasimir (formerly Babette) - we really thought he is a girl till the day when he suddenly started to crow (directly about 10 times in a row 😂) My mom still says that she feels betrayed 🤣

View attachment 2997342

It's so funny how they trick you sometimes.....and what a way he announced himself! 😂

Kasimir really is such a pretty boy though......his color is just so beautiful and vibrant! 😍

View attachment 2997342
He is really stunning!😍

Back
Top Bottom