Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 795 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
This is the best picture I can get right now until I can move it to the brooder. It's partially dried off but any color guesses?
DSCN6403.JPG

Morning everyone! This isn't a chick emergency but I need an answer ASAP! I have some of my new littles that are pooping but it is sticking to their butt fluff. I tried to easily take it off but it was a little stuck on there. I don't want it blocking anything. Do I need to get a warm rag and massage it off? Any help will be appreciated!!!

Morning everyone! This isn't a chick emergency but I need an answer ASAP! I have some of my new littles that are pooping but it is sticking to their butt fluff. I tried to easily take it off but it was a little stuck on there. I don't want it blocking anything. Do I need to get a warm rag and massage it off? Any help will be appreciated!!!
Pasty butt, take a warm wet cloth and massage it off, or give them a bath.

How are all your little ones doing? Do you already have a 'suspicion' about your mistery baby 😊

thank you for asking. they are fine, eat and poop. I asked a friend to ask a friend to ask the lady that gave this little mystery chick. too many people involved to get the answer. but I am patient. it can be just a mix. this lady exchanged them for a male partridge (the game bird) as her bird died.

one of mine was like that. I put some acv in their water for 2-3 days and it helped. I just took it off when it dried. you can wash them too. in my case it did not really seem to be pasty butt.

Thanks!

Thought the barred chick is a boy:oops:

Oh oops my bad! I thought the barred chick was an adult so assumed girl with the size of the comb/wattles. I'm not so good at guessing non silkies! 😅

This is the best picture I can get right now until I can move it to the brooder. It's partially dried off but any color guesses?View attachment 2997699

I'd say probably buff or partridge or somewhere between the two. The two are often made on the same base but buffs have Columbian where partridge don't. If you have only one copy of Columbian you get a sort of in-between partridge/buff or what some might call a smutty buff.

Their little fuzzy behinds are so good at getting stuff caught sometimes. I usually run some warm water from the sink and just wet the behind enough to work the droppings loose when I have a baby who gets some stuck. With only a little bit getting wet they seem to do fine and it fluffs back up quickly. I always try to dry it as best I can with a paper towel or something that helps wick water away so the drying goes faster once the chick is back in the brooder.

Oh oops my bad! I thought the barred chick was an adult so assumed girl with the size of the comb/wattles. I'm not so good at guessing non silkies! 😅

I'd say probably buff or partridge or somewhere between the two. The two are often made on the same base but buffs have Columbian where partridge don't. If you have only one copy of Columbian you get a sort of in-between partridge/buff or what some might call a smutty buff.

Their little fuzzy behinds are so good at getting stuff caught sometimes. I usually run some warm water from the sink and just wet the behind enough to work the droppings loose when I have a baby who gets some stuck. With only a little bit getting wet they seem to do fine and it fluffs back up quickly. I always try to dry it as best I can with a paper towel or something that helps wick water away so the drying goes faster once the chick is back in the brooder.
It's okay:hugs

I don't think I showed you updated pics of Candy... She's so big!
She is amazing 😍 Her name fits her so well - she looks like a big, wonderful Marshmallow 😄

OMGeeze Milli's lil baby just pipped earlier and I turned around cuz chirping had increased and it's already here!
Milli had only just begun letting Mango do the "do"....n this was the present they gave me the day I rehomed them all!
So sweet!!!
That's so great! I hoped so much that this special egg, Milli's good-bye gift, would hatch :celebrateCongrats!

The first one is here! The black skin threw me for a second as I thought how the heck did you hatch out black. As she's drying she has yellow/gold fluff all over her.
Oh wow the video is awesome! You captured that special moment! The little one literally pops out the shell, and the excited chirping is so touching 😭❤️
Congrats on this sweetie 🎉

All these babies 🥺😍🥰 want!!
Me, too 😭😆

Back
Top Bottom