Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 794 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
So here's a few pics of the 4 wee ones!
Can yall see the one in last pic that has a "bent" toe? What's up with that?
It walks as well as others do.
Oh wait...my bad all those r of the bent toe baby! Lol

Aww congratulations on all the cuties!!! 🥰

Those bent toes happen sometimes. They can be caused by late hatching, vitamin deficiencies or malpositions. Whenever I hatch one like that I make them band aid boots to straighten the toes up. As long as you do it within the first couple days it is a really easy fix. I cut out the gauze portion of the band aid leaving me with the two sticky parts to either side of it and then sandwich the toes between them (making sure they are very straight when placed on the band aid). These boots are small and light enough they still get around pretty well. I leave them on for 24-48 hours and that usually does the trick. 😊

Unfortunately the 2nd egg that was pipped passed in the shell. I also candled the 3rd egg this morning and did not like what I saw, I did a egg-topsy and sadly I was right. The chick must have passed around the time they went into lockdown. The surviving chick is very strong and was moved into the brooder this morning. She will have to be a singleton until Tuesday when Rural King gets in a shipment of chicks. I hope to find someone who will split a order with me as I only need 2 or 3 siblings for her, but if not she will get the minimum 6 siblings.
My mom and daughter have named her Ezzie.
DSCN6443.JPG
DSCN6442.JPG
DSCN6434.JPG

Unfortunately the 2nd egg that was pipped passed in the shell. I also candled the 3rd egg this morning and did not like what I saw, I did a egg-topsy and sadly I was right. The chick must have passed around the time they went into lockdown. The surviving chick is very strong and was moved into the brooder this morning. She will have to be a singleton until Tuesday when Rural King gets in a shipment of chicks. I hope to find someone who will split a order with me as I only need 2 or 3 siblings for her, but if not she will get the minimum 6 siblings.
View attachment 2998836View attachment 2998837View attachment 2998839
Sorry about your other 2 eggies 😥 it so hard to have them come so far. Glad you have your little one here w you. When ive had other chicks already, ive taken a pic and shown them at the store so they can see the new ones won't be alone, and they've allowed me to get fewer than the minimum.

View attachment 2998836View attachment 2998837View attachment 2998839
She's adorable! I'm so sorry you lost the others! It hurts so badly to know they were right there yet nothing we can ever do to bring them the rest of the way.
Hopefully you can fund a few to bring her company soon.

Back
Top Bottom