Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 794 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
I ended up using washi tape! It doesn't have a lot of adhesive and sticks to it self really well. It's a craft tape....so I grabbed one that had very little design so they wouldn't pick at it. So far so good! I just pray I got it in there straight this time.
I need to get some of the other items to keep on hand for first aid purposes!

Guesss whatttt... everyone slept in the coop last night (very unhappily, while protesting loudly) and i was able to get the mini coop out of the run. In the morning, the big girls came out first, then very wobbly, each of the others very sllowwwwlyyy came down the ramp. Except Bambina 🥺 My fear was that Elsa got her in the night, but i was too afraid to look! So i waited, and waited, and waited..

And then.. FLYING out of the coop door, bypassing the ramp entirely, and landing softly on the backs of her flock mates, clearing about 6 ft, was Bambina!!

Tonight, i counted my chickens and one was missing!! Pebbles had put herself into the coop on her own! Not too bad after just one night! I still had to scoop everyone else up and put them in there, and Fred, ugh, gotta run around to catch him!! But maybe after a few nights they will figure it out. Progress! 😍

New photo of Nova, my second gen Polkie. My daughter took this photo earlier this week. She weighs just under 2 pounds at 4 months of age and is such a sweetie. She makes the same creaking noises as her Polish grandma!😊View attachment 3002641

She is just beautiful! ❤️
I ended up using washi tape! It doesn't have a lot of adhesive and sticks to it self really well. It's a craft tape....so I grabbed one that had very little design so they wouldn't pick at it. So far so good! I just pray I got it in there straight this time.
I need to get some of the other items to keep on hand for first aid purposes!

I hope the washi tape ends up working out better! I remember the first time I had to correct toes it was so hard to get them straight and I wasn't able to straighten them completely. It definitely took me a few more tries to get better at making sure the toes were 100% straight when getting the boots situated. Hopefully this time will be the charm for your baby. :fl

Guesss whatttt... everyone slept in the coop last night (very unhappily, while protesting loudly) and i was able to get the mini coop out of the run. In the morning, the big girls came out first, then very wobbly, each of the others very sllowwwwlyyy came down the ramp. Except Bambina 🥺 My fear was that Elsa got her in the night, but i was too afraid to look! So i waited, and waited, and waited..

And then.. FLYING out of the coop door, bypassing the ramp entirely, and landing softly on the backs of her flock mates, clearing about 6 ft, was Bambina!!

Tonight, i counted my chickens and one was missing!! Pebbles had put herself into the coop on her own! Not too bad after just one night! I still had to scoop everyone else up and put them in there, and Fred, ugh, gotta run around to catch him!! But maybe after a few nights they will figure it out. Progress! 😍

That is wonderful they all did alright their first night. Bambina's exit from the coop sure sounds impressive too. I wouldn't have thought such a little girl would make it so far! 😂 And hurray for Pebbles picking things up so quickly! I hope the others pick it up without too much trouble soon too! 😊

I luv it!!! Big adventures await you friend!

I hope the washi tape ends up working out better! I remember the first time I had to correct toes it was so hard to get them straight and I wasn't able to straighten them completely. It definitely took me a few more tries to get better at making sure the toes were 100% straight when getting the boots situated. Hopefully this time will be the charm for your baby. :fl
Well that didn't work...or did it?!
Just got up checking on babies and No shoe...anywhere!
I panicked thinking they ate it!
But then remembered it was a light colored washi so prob blends into the white paper towel. Found it!
But then I couldn't find bent toes! I knew it was the tiniest chick that had the toe problems...but it looks fine now!
So either they all got together in middle of the night and decided to get those toes straight or God fixed those little boogers for me!
Either way - I'll take it over having to torture that poor baby anymore!
Quite difficult here at first til their personalities all develop to tell who is who cuz they all look just a like!

Well that didn't work...or did it?!
Just got up checking on babies and No shoe...anywhere!
I panicked thinking they ate it!
But then remembered it was a light colored washi so prob blends into the white paper towel. Found it!
But then I couldn't find bent toes! I knew it was the tiniest chick that had the toe problems...but it looks fine now!
So either they all got together in middle of the night and decided to get those toes straight or God fixed those little boogers for me!
Either way - I'll take it over having to torture that poor baby anymore!
Quite difficult here at first til their personalities all develop to tell who is who cuz they all look just a like!
Yay!! They grow fast so overnight would usually be long enough time to fix things like that. It is amazing! .. Same as my slipped tendon chick - it couldn't walk with split legs, I got the badange on, then the next day it was normal when I took the bandage off! ..wish us humans could be like that!! 😂

What did Ezzie get for her 1 week birthday? 6 new sisters. Picked up 3 Buff orp and 3 Cinnamon Queen siblings this afternoon for her.
DSCN6540.JPG
DSCN6539.JPG

Back
Top Bottom