Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 794 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Well I think the hair cut helped out Cher Bear. Tonight she went in the coop at bedtime!!! :celebrate:weeI’m so proud of her!:love

Also maybe you can’t see it well, but I feel like Cher has a bit of white in her head feather fluff and on her butt fluff. Could this just be random feathers of a young pullet that will eventually change to full on solid black? Am I seeing things or do you see some white patches too? They’re so cute I had to take pictures 😍
They are both beautiful!😍
Cher looks black to me. The white will probably molt out.
Photo below of one of my black juveniles and a dark blue I sold to a friend last year.
Blue can range from so light it looks lavender to so dark it looks black. It can be really hard to tell.
Sometimes you can tell best by looking at the wing feathers.
830CD7BB-EDC3-4ADB-825E-1AE84EB22F9A.jpeg
51AAD935-F973-471A-8D4E-E7A3191F3EB7.jpeg

I like Ezzie's colour, gorgeous 😍 ..any fluffball with orange/ red leakage I like!
Thank you, I'm quite fond of her coloring as well. I'm pleasantly surprised with her. In the mad rush to get her mother I did not realize that partridge could be a color option thinking she was Buff. Ezzie's colors are so soft that to me they scream girl. I soo hope I'm right.

OK thought I should post photos of the two blue Silkie half siblings to Hotaru.😊

They are actually very nice shades of blue which I was hoping to be able to keep a few of. Only one has been DNA sexed the other we weren’t planning to keep, but she was left over from the last hatch. Pretty sure based on size and personality this one is female too, but then as we all know anything is possible!
They are both sweet, but don’t have the personality of Hotaru.
The slightly lighter shaded one is named Kumori (Cloudy) and the other one is named Sora (Sky). Sora has only four toes on one of her feet. Best way I’ll be able to tell them apart I suspect once they are feathered in.🤣
I have my last batch of chicks hatching right now. Three of them are coming out backwards. 🤦‍♀️
Have buyers for most of them, I’ll post photos when they’re hatched and fluffy!🥰

Kumori
DB9C2939-A1BE-434B-9472-8698A7484ABC.jpeg

Sora
0CB4EA08-8488-4AA3-8F12-5CBAB8199944.jpeg

Hotaru
44EDD295-B0F1-44A0-8E4C-6BB289FF58FE.jpeg

OK thought I should post photos of the two blue Silkie half siblings to Hotaru.😊

They are actually very nice shades of blue which I was hoping to be able to keep a few of. Only one has been DNA sexed the other we weren’t planning to keep, but she was left over from the last hatch. Pretty sure based on size and personality this one is female too, but then as we all know anything is possible!
The slightly lighter shaded one is named Kumori (Cloudy) and the other one is named Sora (Sky). Sora has only four toes on one of her feet. Best way I’ll be able to tell them apart I suspect once they are feathered in.🤣
I have my last batch of chicks hatching right now. Three of them are coming out backwards. 🤦‍♀️
Have buyers for most of them, I’ll post photos when they’re hatched and fluffy!🥰

Kumori
View attachment 3044974
Sora
View attachment 3044975
Hotaru
View attachment 3044976
Omg id keep all 3 and sneak them into my bedroom! Oh wait, I'm an adult! I'd let them sit on the sofa! Oh.. i already do that!!

Beautiful 😍

Kumori
View attachment 3044974
Sora
View attachment 3044975
Hotaru
View attachment 3044976
Oh wow they are light gorgeous blues!
I hope Hen Solo turns out that light! Pretty sure it's baby girl based on personality...but that one day it stared down one of the paints could fool me! Awe man since we are keeping Hen Solo I don't have a pic! Ugh! But she is super scared and seldom comes for treats even. I was holding her yesterday and finally relaxed, closed her eyes and just enjoyed some luvins!

Back
Top Bottom