Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 794 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Like mother, like daughter. Little Ezzie is quickly developing the cheeky attitude that earned her momma the nickname Cheeky Chiquita.
DSCN7102.JPG
DSCN7063.JPG

I have a question for the Silkie (more experienced then me) peeps in here...
I have only had my silkies 3 years. I still dont know a bunch, probably way less than I should know, really.
Is this chick considered lavender? There are 2 this color in my clutch of 12. There are 4 that *seem to be black, but i know it can change.
Im pretty sure my rooster is partridge. He has silver and black feathers. I need some educating on my silkies.. I also need to say that I am aware they are not show quality, I'm fine with that for now. I need to learn more before I jump into show quality, and I do plan to when I know more.
Thank yawl!
20220411_120814.jpg

I have only had my silkies 3 years. I still dont know a bunch, probably way less than I should know, really.
Is this chick considered lavender? There are 2 this color in my clutch of 12. There are 4 that *seem to be black, but i know it can change.
Im pretty sure my rooster is partridge. He has silver and black feathers. I need some educating on my silkies.. I also need to say that I am aware they are not show quality, I'm fine with that for now. I need to learn more before I jump into show quality, and I do plan to when I know more.
Thank yawl!
View attachment 3059616
I'm still learning myself but this is a cutie pie!

Early babies :wee
I wasn't expecting till Friday! But when I was cleaning the coop I heard cheeeeping! And Chickaletta was constantly bok bok then a fluffy head popped out!!
I bought 5 eggs shipped from another state, 2 hatched out of 5 so far, more pipping now!! No idea what colours they'll be, I hope for some red leakage or some partridge!

IMG_20220412_122858.jpg

IMG_20220412_122701.jpg
IMG_20220412_122745.jpg

Thinking I may end up with 23 chickens if all do hatch so I've added plenty of additional roosting areas to accommodate the expansion 😊 ... Also lowered my 3 nest boxes to near ground level as one of my hens keeps laying on the roosting shelf 😩 where they poop! I have seen other hens get in the nests just fine but I thought I'll make it really easy. I have tried fake eggs in the nest and placing her in the nest when she's about to lay too but she just hops out and goes back to the poopy spot. Biscuit must've shown her the wrong spot 🤔
Currently only 1 laying but pullet Skitz squatted for Biscuit today so she's going to be laying soon!! Hopefully through Winter! (Autumn here now)

Thank yawl!
View attachment 3059616

not an expert but lavender is a recessive gene. both of parents must be lavender to get lavender chicks. this cutie looks blue to me.

Back
Top Bottom