Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 797 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 97 11.7%

• Total voters
My silkies are about 8 weeks old now and I definitely didn't realize how hard it be to wait to figure out if I have boys or girls 😂 When I got my silkies I also got 4 EE's (which I lucked out and all appear to be girls) and two productions red hens so as of now, I have all pullet. I'm telling my husband I just know I will have all silkie roos because my luck is bound to run out.

Photos from today.😊
Finally got Nico and Lilikoi integrated with the rest of the flock. It only took three months! Spent their first night with the flock last night. Granted I didn’t have time to work on it every day. Niko has been laying for about a month, nothing from Lilikoi yet. The rooster actually sort of keeps an eye on them and doesn’t let the other hens pick on them too much, which is nice. He is doing his job well!
Hotaru and the two blue girls, Kumori and Sora, are just under three months old now. Hotaru is just under 2 pounds and is 100% hormonal teenager!
He is just getting his saddle feathers in. They are much brighter orange than the rest of his coloring. Not much of a crest and he also has his mom‘s orange eyes!
He even took on his father yesterday and it looked like those cartoons where you just see a whirling ball rolling around with dust coming out!🤣 Luckily neither one of them was hurt, but I did have to intervene. I let all the birds out together under supervision at this point. The three littles usually keep to themselves on one end of the yard and the rest of the flock on the other end.
Nice to have time just to hang out with the birds! It’s so relaxing.❤️

Hotaru
View attachment 3145002View attachment 3145011

Kumori and SoraView attachment 3145003View attachment 3145005

Eko and Niko (father and daughter)View attachment 3145008View attachment 3145004
View attachment 3145016
OGs Kana and Layla (and moms to the blue girls)View attachment 3145009View attachment 3145010
They are all so beautiful. Hotaru is beyond pretty and so photogenic haha. I just showed my husband his picture and said I need a bird like this one.

Photos from today.😊
Finally got Nico and Lilikoi integrated with the rest of the flock. It only took three months! Spent their first night with the flock last night. Granted I didn’t have time to work on it every day. Niko has been laying for about a month, nothing from Lilikoi yet. The rooster actually sort of keeps an eye on them and doesn’t let the other hens pick on them too much, which is nice. He is doing his job well!
Hotaru and the two blue girls, Kumori and Sora, are just under three months old now. Hotaru is just under 2 pounds and is 100% hormonal teenager!
He is just getting his saddle feathers in. They are much brighter orange than the rest of his coloring. Not much of a crest and he also has his mom‘s orange eyes!
He even took on his father yesterday and it looked like those cartoons where you just see a whirling ball rolling around with dust coming out!🤣 Luckily neither one of them was hurt, but I did have to intervene. I let all the birds out together under supervision at this point. The three littles usually keep to themselves on one end of the yard and the rest of the flock on the other end.

Hotaru

Eko and Niko (father and daughter)View attachment 3145008View attachment 3145004
View attachment 3145016
OGs Kana and Layla (and moms to the blue girls)View attachment 3145009View attachment 3145010
OMGeeze Hotaru is gorgeous!!!

They are all so beautiful. Hotaru is beyond pretty and so photogenic haha. I just showed my husband his picture and said I need a bird like this one.
Thanks!🥰 Hotaru is a little sweetheart and very people friendly. He is half bantam Cochin and half Silkie. He is a little fireball though. He tries to take on all the adult birds, chases all the hens. Funny enough he leaves his Silkie half sisters alone. He chases all the sparrows and other wild birds in the yard, too.🤣

OMGeeze Hotaru is gorgeous!!!
Thanks! 🥰He is really turning out nicely. Hard to believe he looked like this at hatch!
345EA8C4-13BD-424A-A4AD-66AF0A040614.jpeg

Photos from today.😊

Hotaru

View attachment 3145016
Hotaru is quite gorgeous! 😍 I can’t believe how big he’s gotten!

My silkies are about 8 weeks old now and I definitely didn't realize how hard it be to wait to figure out if I have boys or girls 😂 When I got my silkies I also got 4 EE's (which I lucked out and all appear to be girls) and two productions red hens so as of now, I have all pullet. I'm telling my husband I just know I will have all silkie roos because my luck is bound to run out.
Our Polish this year are alllllllll roos 😭 Silkie luck has so far been fairly kind luckily. Definitely at least one roo, the buffs might be all roos though. Didn’t like the colour as much as I thought though 🫣

Back
Top Bottom