Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 795 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Lordy Lordy Poof Poof is back on the nest! She laid a dozen eggs or so, the first 6 I swiped, and then added a few newly laid eggs from the Puff Meister after PP had laid some more..
I was out locking up tonight and noticed the entire pen empty.. Even if PP is sitting eggs, he would sleep up top. Early this morning PP was on the nest, I assumed it was to lay an egg, and two of her 5 week olds were in there 'helping'.. So, where was everyone tonight? Helping PP! Dad's at the entrance covering the spill over of chicks.

Lordy Lordy Poof Poof is back on the nest! She laid a dozen eggs or so, the first 6 I swiped, and then added a few newly laid eggs from the Puff Meister after PP had laid some more..
I was out locking up tonight and noticed the entire pen empty.. Even if PP is sitting eggs, he would sleep up top. Early this morning PP was on the nest, I assumed it was to lay an egg, and two of her 5 week olds were in there 'helping'.. So, where was everyone tonight? Helping PP! Dad's at the entrance covering the spill over of chicks.
Adorable!!!!!! Way to go poof poof and fam!

Awe he's a good daddy!

So 4 month old Kumori, that was DNA sexed female, just came back home because “she” started crowing at the new owners.😬
It has been 2 weeks since I saw Kumori and there is no doubt he is a cockerel. Minimal comb, but just look at his stance and tail!🥰
04197B0D-2008-486B-9CAA-94B314D5C74D.jpeg
5EC7032F-7F8D-4EFD-A59F-BD9512EDB376.jpeg

Tagging on here from the contest page!
My sweet roo Zumi (Montezuma). He's very docile, yet protective. He also really wants to be a dad or something, because I've caught him sitting on eggs multiple times now!View attachment 3199913
If he sits on them, and hatches them, you can call him the "hatching parent"

So 4 month old Kumori, that was DNA sexed female, just came back home because “she” started crowing at the new owners.😬
It has been 2 weeks since I saw Kumori and there is no doubt he is a cockerel. Minimal comb, but just look at his stance and tail!🥰View attachment 3199868View attachment 3199869
Yep...that's two DNA that have been wrong recently for you isn't it?
Would you still do DNA in the future?
I've never done it so just curious.

Yep...that's two DNA that have been wrong recently for you isn't it?
Would you still do DNA in the future?
I've never done it so just curious.
They were both sent with the same order.
Two different methods (Hotaru was eggshell, Kumori was blood from a clipped toenail) I believe whoever processed that order just marked off the wrong box on the certificate.
I am giving them the benefit of the doubt, as it was the first time ever the results were wrong. I know it was not from my end, as I am meticulous in my sample collection.
I have sent out tests since then. Too early to tell if these are accurate or not.😊

Back
Top Bottom