Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 794 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
I'm so hanging out for chickies!! I see the boys doing their thing but no fertile eggs yet and I don't want to hatch pullet eggs untill a few months laying. I'll just have to try and be patient! 😄 I don't know why Biscuit isn't giving me fertile eggs from his hens ☹️ just hope the cockerels can get the job done while Biscuit isn't looking 😄

Oh goodness that has got to be frustrating with the fertility issues! 😣

I have two boys right now who are similar....they can get the job done fine but give almost no fertilized eggs! 😩 After months of nothing from them I finally got a couple chicks. I'm not 100% sure the chicks are theirs and I didn't have a fence hopper though. 😂

I hope the new boys do a good job fertilizing for you! :fl

Thank you! I'm not sure what to call the color. It reminds me of how pied looks in some birds and animals so I've been calling him him pied-like for now. 😂

The others that are somewhat similar I've found pictures of are more on a black base or a more buff-red base so more black/white and red/white. Based on his offspring I think Pants is probably partridge based (eb). He also seems to be singly barred though you can't tell visually. He's had a fair number of barred offspring with non barred partners. If I'm lucky hopefully I'll be able to breed for the patchy-pied like white on multiple colors. The girls he has right now are a variety of colors so that should help. 😊

They aren't very good pictures but here are the girls. I'll probably pick some of my nicest typed girls later on to pair with him too but for now I'm trying to be careful with biosecurity and will keep him and his girls separate from the main flock for the first couple months. I'd like trying to pair him with one of my mille split satin girls as well sometime. That might help answer a little sooner if his white is due to mottling of some sort. ☺️

View attachment 3252325
View attachment 3252326
View attachment 3252327

Pictures sound lovely! 😁
OMGeeze you hot the jackpot lottery with these gorgeous babies!!! That black Satin and those Showgirls!!! I'm so jealous 😔 sorry to say! But atleast you know what you are doing...me not a clue!
I cannot wait to see how the babies all turn out as you work on this! Just amazing!

my Friday floofs
DISCLAIMER:they dont live in this pen its just easier to get photos of them here

Attachments

• mango .JPG
    mango .JPG
    712.9 KB · Views: 3
  • silkie .JPG
    silkie .JPG
    781.6 KB · Views: 2
  • red silkie.JPG
    red silkie.JPG
    860.4 KB · Views: 2
  • mango 2.JPG
    mango 2.JPG
    615.4 KB · Views: 2
  • white silkie male.JPG
    white silkie male.JPG
    556.8 KB · Views: 2
Eko’s first daughters, at least the ones I kept, are all grown up now at almost 10 months of age. Niko is quite a bit smaller than Lilikoi, even though they have the same mom.😊
Going to be setting some of their eggs soon. Both bred back to their father so hopefully will get some nice paints out of them.
I hatched some of Niko’s earlier eggs but unfortunately many of them were malpositioned. Hopefully now that they’re more mature that won’t be an issue. Their eggs are bigger now too, close to or equal to 40 grams.😊
E1620F90-C2E2-4328-83E4-A6F8A22A3F7F.jpeg
2D93C7F2-14FD-4ED2-9DEB-CF4E3732F780.jpeg

my Friday floofs
DISCLAIMER:they dont live in this pen its just easier to get photos of them here

Aww what cuties! 🥰

Eko’s first daughters, at least the ones I kept, are all grown up now at almost 10 months of age. Niko is quite a bit smaller than Lilikoi, even though they have the same mom.😊
Going to be setting some of their eggs soon. Both bred back to their father so hopefully will get some nice paints out of them.
I hatched some of Niko’s earlier eggs but unfortunately many of them were malpositioned. Hopefully now that they’re more mature that won’t be an issue. Their eggs are bigger now too, close to or equal to 40 grams.😊
View attachment 3254037View attachment 3254038

They are both looking just beautiful! I can't wait to see what you hatch from those girls! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom