Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 794 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
It will not matter. There is no difference genetically between black birds produced from paint or from a BBS pen. Paint is not “carried” like other colors. A bird is either paint or it isn’t. The chicks that hatch out paint have inherited the dominant white. The chicks that hatch out black have not. You can use a black bird from a BBS pen in a paint breeding program and you can use a black bird from paint breeding in a BBS pen.
I had this very same question when I started breeding paints.😊
Awesome!
So is a black silkie a good test in breeding with others to determine certain colors or is that dominant white that does that?

And....can I say just how much I enjoy seeing u on here often again! Work slow down?

Awesome!
So is a black silkie a good test in breeding with others to determine certain colors or is that dominant white that does that?

And....can I say just how much I enjoy seeing u on here often again! Work slow down?
Using a black Silkie would only work in certain circumstances. Depends on what you are trying to test for.
It is the dominant white that makes the bird a paint. 😊

Thanks! I enjoy being here!❤️
No I just work in spurts! 10-12 hour shifts for several days and I then I get several days off! Going back to work tomorrow.🤪

One of my free-rangers decided my garden wagon was the perfect spot to lay an egg the other day.. Sooooooo, I decided to make in into a Conestoga or gypsy wagon for her and whomever wanted to use the accommodations..
connestoga1.jpg
Didn't even get the job finished with the second piece of garden wire used for the arch.. when.............
connestoga.jpg

I had to stop and leave her in peace.. What we won't do to accommodate our fluffy butts.

One of my free-rangers decided my garden wagon was the perfect spot to lay an egg the other day.. Sooooooo, I decided to make in into a Conestoga or gypsy wagon for her and whomever wanted to use the accommodations..View attachment 3274287 Didn't even get the job finished with the second piece of garden wire used for the arch.. when.............View attachment 3274285
I had to stop and leave her in peace.. What we won't do to accommodate our fluffy butts.
I have a wagon like that. Only the rats decided it was a nice place to live...

Back
Top Bottom