Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 794 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
They might still lay but not as much as you probably want for breeding. I would wait for some younger ones to become available. 😊
Yeah, they ended up getting sold anyway. Next weekend though I may be getting some Cockerels. Can't wait to finally have some silkies again!

Quick question for you silkies owners. I am looking at getting some more silkies soon, a couple of 5 yr old hens have come up but I am not sure if that's a bit too old for breeding/brooding?

It's a bit old. You may get some chicks from them, but they also may not allow a rooster to breed them. My hens get stubborn when they get old.

You guys, look what fell into my lap today!! One of Sheri Minkner’s satin silkies!! Her daughter sold off a bunch of Sheri’s birds and the lady I got her from decided she only wanted the silkies and offered her up this morning 😍😍😍
65390FA3-73E4-41A3-A8CC-3DB78166B017.jpeg

F9D307E5-09CE-4840-BE9F-7B22D7838FC0.jpeg

Any thoughts on her coloring? Not sure what it looks most like! ❤️

Hi!!!!
My first ever silkies are almost six weeks old!!! I love them tons and am happy to join in with other silkie lovers!
Welcome to the club!
You guys, look what fell into my lap today!! One of Sheri Minkner’s satin silkies!! Her daughter sold off a bunch of Sheri’s birds and the lady I got her from decided she only wanted the silkies and offered her up this morning 😍😍😍
View attachment 3470152
View attachment 3470153
Any thoughts on her coloring? Not sure what it looks most like! ❤️
What?! U lucky lady!!! I was wandering what they would do with all Sheri's babies!
She's beautiful!

@CSolis congrats in the new babies!!! They are darlin!

Welcome to the club!

What?! U lucky lady!!! I was wandering what they would do with all Sheri's babies!
She's beautiful!

@CSolis congrats in the new babies!!! They are darlin!
Thanks!! I reallly needed her like I need a hole in the head…but I couldn’t pass her up!! She’s a Minkner!! 😍😍😍

Back
Top Bottom