Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 796 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
This has been the worst day ever. I am so mad at myself and we’re just crushed. I had an appointment out of town and put the box with Poofy/Bluffy and the poorly shipped chick in the washroom so the dogs couldn’t get them. The GFCI tripped and we arrived home to no lamps on. I thought they were both dead already and broke down. While I was holding them, she took a little breath. We tried to revive her and warm her up, but she didn’t make it. I’ve never cried so much. I helped her hatch! She was so tiny. I feel like it was my fault

4CA04A2B-3DE6-4D4B-A83E-AE4FC98896B8.jpeg
1E16B09F-1A28-4784-8E62-A15C9FB6344A.jpeg
C3BD2711-4A5E-4D91-B7E0-C79F438AF777.jpeg

This has been the worst day ever. I am so mad at myself and we’re just crushed. I had an appointment out of town and put the box with Poofy/Bluffy and the poorly shipped chick in the washroom so the dogs couldn’t get them. The GFCI tripped and we arrived home to no lamps on. I thought they were both dead already and broke down. While I was holding them, she took a little breath. We tried to revive her and warm her up, but she didn’t make it. I’ve never cried so much. I helped her hatch! She was so tiny. I feel like it was my fault

View attachment 3473300View attachment 3473301View attachment 3473302
Oh no I'm so sorry!!! You tried and did everything you could and more! Don't blame yourself. I know it hurts and is hard!
Hugs!!!

I feel your pain and am so sorry at your loss.

I’ve got a question for you Silkie experts. So I’ve been trying to breed my white Silkie to my black (I know your not really supposed to do that) to see if my white hen is recessive white to get splash chicks. Anyway they have bred in the past once and produced a black cockerel. This year I’ve incubated around 15-20 eggs and none of them have developed. I know my rooster breeds her. And I’ve trimmed the feathers around both of their vents. I also know the rooster is fertail bc he produced a chick with my satin frizzle this year.Is there anything else I should do to try to get them to produce fertail eggs?
P.S I’ve put I different Silkiex roo with her to see if she’ll breed with him, and I’ve given the pure roo some girls just so I can get some Silkie mix chicks.. Both produced chicks last year.

Oh no I’m so sorry now I want to cry poor poor thing. 😭😭

Back
Top Bottom