Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 795 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
I'm super devastated this morning. Went out to find my beautiful I'm Blue Too and Running Bear slaughtered.. no holes in the fence or deer netting... Possibly weasel, ferret or raccoon.. Traps have been set around the place, but what ever it is isn't interested in eggs as it left 7 eggs untouched in the nest. I so feel like giving up at this point! :hit
:hit
No, Don't give up... im so sorry about your babies 😔

Are there any gaps you can find? A possum got in my run a month or so ago, of course the only one spot i was missing hardware cloth on the ground. I would double check to see how they were able to get in or reach in. Do you have a dog that might sleep with them for the night?

I'm super devastated this morning. Went out to find my beautiful I'm Blue Too and Running Bear slaughtered.. no holes in the fence or deer netting... Possibly weasel, ferret or raccoon.. Traps have been set around the place, but what ever it is isn't interested in eggs as it left 7 eggs untouched in the nest. I so feel like giving up at this point! :hit
Oh no! Definitely don't give up, you've worked too hard and you have such wonderful silkies. Hopefully you can find what's causing trouble so no more chickens are lost. :hugs

sorry for your loss.

I'm super devastated this morning. Went out to find my beautiful I'm Blue Too and Running Bear slaughtered.. no holes in the fence or deer netting... Possibly weasel, ferret or raccoon.. Traps have been set around the place, but what ever it is isn't interested in eggs as it left 7 eggs untouched in the nest. I so feel like giving up at
I'm so sorry!!! Don't u dare give up! You've come so far! Take some time to remember then and mourn the loss. Sit with the others and then double check every area that could have been breached.
You know this is just part of raising one of the most preyed upon creatures. It doesn't help at the moment. But you will learn how to be equipped for the next attack that may come.
Again I'm so very sorry bout Blue Too and Running Bear!!!
Hugs!

Another hatch begins... just over 1 day left on the incubator and 3 pure silkies have popped the lid.. 2 blues and a ??? What the heck? It looks tan.. can't be! Dad is Top Gun, and mom's are Blue Bonnet and Blue Bell! Who's been hiding in the wood shed? I grabbed the 8 eggs they weren't sitting and stuck them in the incubator.. Both gals are from Shadow Captain (Calico Splash) and Poof Poof the lil black hen.
DSC_0033.JPG
DSC_0017.JPG

Another hatch begins... just over 1 day left on the incubator and 3 pure silkies have popped the lid.. 2 blues and a ??? What the heck? It looks tan.. can't be! Dad is Top Gun, and mom's are Blue Bonnet and Blue Bell! Who's been hiding in the wood shed? I grabbed the 8 eggs they weren't sitting and stuck them in the incubator.. Both gals are from Shadow Captain (Calico Splash) and Poof Poof the lil black hen.View attachment 3484108View attachment 3484109
So pretty!😍

Back
Top Bottom