Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 795 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Do these help? I seriously love this hen the more I look at her :love
View attachment 3706317 View attachment 3706318

That's really tough. I am leaning towards the blue partridge. Too much pencilling for blue cream since it's buff based.

Time in the sun can change the feather color some so that could be going on, too. Only really way to get a good guess would be to breed her to a partridge rooster and see if any of the chicks come out blue partridge. None in a good sized hatch would mean she's got the lavender modifier, not blue.

This one is a blue cream.
christmas_2021_by_seerisil_dev9qx6-pre.jpg

This was is a lavender partridge
snowbird_by_seerisil_dc480gg-414w-2x.jpg

ETA: because I'm an idiot I wrote blue partridge instead of Lavender partridge. Fixed that

Last edited:
Gonna get some pics today. She's in with Shadow Captain the Calico Splash Roo. Here we go! Got one of her sitting on the eggs with #1 peeking out. All the whitish chicks in these shots are hers.View attachment 3701688View attachment 3701690
This youngster is actually doing momma duty...View attachment 3701694
View attachment 3701697
And some calico splashes are hers
View attachment 3701698View attachment 3701696
Here's her Paternal Grandfather, and dad to the chicks.View attachment 3701699
Awww they are lovely.

Silkies are so exasperating. This is a white bird.View attachment 3709882

I actually thought she was missing and one of the lavender partridge had somehow got two pens down. She really did resemble them in person. This is the hen who is known for making mud in the summer to plaster her crest

It's time to introduce my new silkie Poppet. I have had her just over 2 months now. She was supposed to be 5 months old when I got her so that would put her at 7 months currently. I am a little iffy on that being her actual age because she arrived tiny and for a month still had the young chick peeps. She is still tiny but has grown noticeably. She is not allowed to free range with the flock unsupervised. It is for her own good, she thinks she is bigger then she actually is and picks fights with the big girls. They try to ignore her, she walks or runs right up to them and flies up in their faces. Instead Branch is allowed to visit her in the pen for periods of time throughout the day or when I can she has supervised free range. I'm curious to what her color is called? Is she a type of partridge?
Here she is next to Branch after I got her, for a 5 month old she was tiny.
DSCN2397.JPG

DSCN2386.JPG

DSCN2385.JPG

A month later she has grown, but still tiny
DSCN2487.JPG

I will have to go out tomorrow and get some new pictures of her.

It's time to introduce my new silkie Poppet. I have had her just over 2 months now. She was supposed to be 5 months old when I got her so that would put her at 7 months currently. I am a little iffy on that being her actual age because she arrived tiny and for a month still had the young chick peeps. She is still tiny but has grown noticeably. She is not allowed to free range with the flock unsupervised. It is for her own good, she thinks she is bigger then she actually is and picks fights with the big girls. They try to ignore her, she walks or runs right up to them and flies up in their faces. Instead Branch is allowed to visit her in the pen for periods of time throughout the day or when I can she has supervised free range. I'm curious to what her color is called? Is she a type of partridge?
Here she is next to Branch after I got her, for a 5 month old she was tiny.View attachment 3710053
View attachment 3710051
View attachment 3710052

A month later she has grown, but still tiny
View attachment 3710054
I will have to go out tomorrow and get some new pictures of her.
OH MY GOSH!!! ADORABLE!! I'm a huge Silkie fan and this is making the Silkie part of me explode!! LITERALLY!! My Silkie rooster, Smokey, looks similar to her, but Smokey is lighter and brown as well. So... I think she's a grey Silkie. 🥰

Back
Top Bottom