Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 794 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
For us, it's vet wrap, but I presume Hinotori buys them on Amazon as I've seen those too. It's for splayed/spraddled legs that newly hatched chicks sometimes have. If you catch it right away, it takes less time to correct, usually 1-3 days.
As newbies to splay leg, we tried elastics, bandaids and finally vet wrap. OMGGG the vet wrap was so much easier and SO effective!

@Hinotori I know you're very knowledgeable about the Partridges. Would you say these showgirls, one is blue Partridge and the other normal? I know the pictures arent the best :oops:
20240330_185649.jpg

20240330_185709.jpg

I have so many babies now! I dont even know the number yet cause I haven't pulled the rest from the incubators! I also have no idea what colours there is cause I've got quite a mix of adult colours 😅
20240331_075732.jpg

@Hinotori I know you're very knowledgeable about the Partridges. Would you say these showgirls, one is blue Partridge and the other normal? I know the pictures arent the best :oops:
View attachment 3786644
View attachment 3786643

I have so many babies now! I dont even know the number yet cause I haven't pulled the rest from the incubators! I also have no idea what colours there is cause I've got quite a mix of adult colours 😅
View attachment 3786656

Could both be normal as they can vary in shade. Is the underfluff more grey on the lighter one? Primary and secondary wing feathers also give away.

View attachment 3786644
View attachment 3786643

View attachment 3786656
Easter fluffy booties!!!! Perfect timing I must say !

View attachment 3786644
View attachment 3786643

View attachment 3786656
Your babies are so cute !!!! I want some hehehehehe mine are coming in 5 days … only 5 possible Silkys tho

Could both be normal as they can vary in shade. Is the underfluff more grey on the lighter one? Primary and secondary wing feathers also give away.
I'll have a closer look next time I catch them.

Finally counted, 16 normal silkies and 5 showgirls.
20240401_114040.jpg

20240401_113812.jpg

Back
Top Bottom