Silkies!

Er5

In the Brooder
Feb 7, 2022
Anyone (with more experience than
me😆) want to take a guess at what gender my silkies are? They are about 5-6 months old, all 4 are bearded partridge. No obvious behaviors indicating either way- no crowing (yet🙏🏻) but some of them are developing longer feathers on their heads which has me wondering if they’re roosters…anyway, if anyone feels like chiming in, I’d love to hear thoughts!
Each “collage” is just different views of the same bird…i put numbers on them to try and make it easier to differentiate them! (Clicking on the pictures will show the full collage)

Attachments

• IMG_9514.jpeg
    IMG_9514.jpeg
    180.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_9513.jpeg
    IMG_9513.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9512.jpeg
    IMG_9512.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9511.jpeg
    IMG_9511.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 20
me😆) want to take a guess at what gender my silkies are? They are about 5-6 months old, all 4 are bearded partridge. No obvious behaviors indicating either way- no crowing (yet🙏🏻) but some of them are developing longer feathers on their heads which has me wondering if they’re roosters…anyway, if anyone feels like chiming in, I’d love to hear thoughts!
Each “collage” is just different views of the same bird…i put numbers on them to try and make it easier to differentiate them! (Clicking on the pictures will show the full collage)
Beautiful! I have 7 that are five months old now too. I can tell two of mine are roosters by the walnut type comb they have. Yours, I couldn't tell what combs or didn't see much of one so if they are 5-6 months old I'm gonna guess all hens but 3 has what appears to be streamers.

Beautiful! I have 7 that are five months old now too. I can tell two of mine are roosters by the walnut type comb they have. Yours, I couldn't tell what combs or didn't see much of one so if they are 5-6 months old I'm gonna guess all hens but 3 has what appears to be streamers.
Ooo thank you for sharing! Yeah the streamer-type feathers are what’s throwing me off! They sprang up suddenly so I’ll have to keep an eye!

I’m going to say hens

Back
Top Bottom