Silkies

Looks like you have normal Silkies then :D Those extra toes are funny looking if you aren't used to them.

I agree with Drumstick diva, I would also love to see your silkie babies. And as the others have said, if you have any more questions we are all here to help :)

Mah new Silkies
2764.png

I need help!! One of my silkies is passing dark green stool with some red in it, any ideas? Internet says kidney or liver damage?

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

How old are your Silkies? Green droppings usually mean the bird isn't eating much, or that there is liver damage. The blood could be due to an intestinal problem, especially Coccidiosis. I'd observe your sick bird and see if it is eating and drinking normally. I would also get some Corid and begin treating for Coccidiosis. Unfortunately, there is no good way to correct liver damage--it will be up to your bird's body and immune system to do that.

For more answers, I would post this in the Emergencies section of the forum.

I have a Silkie rooster with six toes... Is that normal? He is one of the sweetest rooster I have ever known. I have always thought all chickens had four toes

They are looking good :). Silkies are meant to have 5 toes per foot, its part of their special genetics and what not. having a missing toe ( 4 toes one foot, 5 the other is common) or extra toes is also common, last year I had one with 7 on one foot and 5 on the other, this year I have a 6 toed one as well. The more you breed/buy the higher the chances are of getting them in my case 150-1 so far.

Back
Top Bottom