Silky hatch-along and OdoBan on eggs experiment

Pics
Here are the 8 shipped chicks and separate of the showgirl/naked neck cuckoo.

Hard to tell there's 8 here but it's
4 cuckoos
1 paint
3 buff

Have I mentioned how adorable they are? ❤️

View attachment 3735642
Naked necks are the cutest! They have the sweetest personalities too. I'll bet you'll be in love before the sun goes down!

Naked necks are the cutest! They have the sweetest personalities too. I'll bet you'll be in love before the sun goes down!
Since reading so many like you saying we should be keeping it, I talked it over with hubby. He looked at it again and said, "Well, its whole neck isn't bare at least." (He's not realizing it's a day old so how much neck could it have lol.)

I'll see about keeping it but I just wasn't really into breeding naked necks into our flock. There are ways around that....as in selling the NN chicks from here on out and just keeping that one.

Since reading so many like you saying we should be keeping it, I talked it over with hubby. He looked at it again and said, "Well, its whole neck isn't bare at least." (He's not realizing it's a day old so how much neck could it have lol.)

I'll see about keeping it but I just wasn't really into breeding naked necks into our flock. There are ways around that....as in selling the NN chicks from here on out and just keeping that one.
Oh the unplanned twists and turns of life! If it is a pullet would be easier to keep it, at least for me, you could pick and chose when to set eggs. Some people specifically look for showgirls so you could test the waters in your area to see if people are wanting them. Or sell the hatching eggs from her but not set them yourself.

I'll tease you about keeping your showgirl, but honestly I'm planning on selling any showgirls if I hatch them 🤣 but what if it's my only black pullet!?! Argh, then I'd need to keep it! Oh no, here I go... the descent into owning a showgirl 🤪

Oh the unplanned twists and turns of life! If it is a pullet would be easier to keep it, at least for me, you could pick and chose when to set eggs. Some people specifically look for showgirls so you could test the waters in your area to see if people are wanting them. Or sell the hatching eggs from her but not set them yourself.

I'll tease you about keeping your showgirl, but honestly I'm planning on selling any showgirls if I hatch them 🤣 but what if it's my only black pullet!?! Argh, then I'd need to keep it! Oh no, here I go... the descent into owning a showgirl 🤪
Don't leave me alone! I'm not converted yet, just having my arm twisted!

I Didnt Do It Small Business GIF by Aurora Consulting - SBA EIDL Experts

I'll grow it out. We'll see if it's a rooster or hen. If rooster, I'll have to sell it. If hen, yep, good idea!

Here are the 8 shipped chicks and separate of the showgirl/naked neck cuckoo.

Hard to tell there's 8 here but it's
4 cuckoos
1 paint
3 buff

Have I mentioned how adorable they are? ❤️

View attachment 3735642
So precious :love
Penn isnt the showgirl, is s/he? 😅 I'd love that but it's probably unlikely.

So precious :love
Penn isnt the showgirl, is s/he? 😅 I'd love that but it's probably unlikely.
No, as that was one of the first ones to hatch so I had to wonder if there were more coming, and there were no more. Penn was the one that got stuck. It had been totally zipped for hours and I watched it kicking to no avail. I finally pulled one side of it and there he was just that easy!

Back
Top Bottom