Silly Emu Pics

Quote:
Oh, you poor dear! So you think he is a boy? Apparently so are my two since we saw their private parts. I am anxious to find a young female somewhere. Let me know if you know of any. Is it too late to get fertile eggs this time of year?

Oh! I hadn't even thought of that! (That you were able to peek and tell their sex!). I won't have fertile eggs again until about late November. BoomBoom was done laying when Enoch started sitting on the nest that hatched your birds.

I think I might just have to look into DNA sexing KK. I keep calling KK "him" but have no idea if he's a he or she. "It" is just one heck of a sweetie
love.gif

Quote:
Oh, you poor dear! So you think he is a boy? Apparently so are my two since we saw their private parts. I am anxious to find a young female somewhere. Let me know if you know of any. Is it too late to get fertile eggs this time of year?

Oh! I hadn't even thought of that! (That you were able to peek and tell their sex!). I won't have fertile eggs again until about late November. BoomBoom was done laying when Enoch started sitting on the nest that hatched your birds.

I think I might just have to look into DNA sexing KK. I keep calling KK "him" but have no idea if he's a he or she. "It" is just one heck of a sweetie
love.gif

Be careful with the DNA sexing too. Dr. Speer said some of the labs were tested for accuracy and some came in as low as 27%! He said the one is Davis is pretty reliable. I am going to check it out and I can get the information to you.

That'd be great Mary! Though, aside from curiosity, it doesn't really matter to me whether KK is male or female. AJ and I are both pretty attached to the crazy bird. I really should carry my small point and shoot camera with me because every day KK does something photo-worthy. Today it was chasing my GSD and Golden Retriever.

Quote:
M.C. was trying to steal food from the container of scratch in my hands. He stepped backward over the tub of muddy water they play in and fell in! I was out there all by myself but I laughed myself silly. They will sit in those little tubs of water for hours but heaven forbid they fall in one, all hell breaks loose!

I thought about your birds today while shopping... The clerk was assisting another customer and kept using the customer's name during the transaction... "Thank you Mary Catherine" "hope you'll come back again Mary Catherine" ... several times she called her by name. All I could think of was your emu
lol.png

lau.gif
OMGosh Mary those are precious AND hilarious. They look like they're out there doing to hokey pokey with a little break dancing thrown in. Thanks for the chuckle, I needed it
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom