SIlver DL Barnvelder crossed with lavender Project, Color?

moving coops

Songster
6 Years
Jan 5, 2017
Good afternoon,

I want to start a project color.
wondering what I will get if I Put a Lavender Rooster over Silver DL Barnvelder hens.
Lavender dilutes colors so should the black lacing go to lavender? And white stay white!
Then F2 generation taking babies and cross back to SIlver DL Barnvelders to improve lacing that will likely be scattered?

Short answer yes, but the first cross will all still be black birds that are split to Lavender. You'd need to breed the F1 cross together in order to get any visually Lavender birds. @nicalandia can better walk you through the process than I can. I understand enough rudimentary genetics to attempt a similar cross with my Lavender x Silver-laced Orpingtons.

Short answer yes, but the first cross will all still be black birds that are split to Lavender. You'd need to breed the F1 cross together in order to get any visually Lavender birds. @nicalandia can better walk you through the process than I can. I understand enough rudimentary genetics to attempt a similar cross with my Lavender x Silver-laced Orpingtons.

thanks you, hopefully she will see the tag and be able to help with walk through.

So yes with the F1 generation of chicks
Would actually have to breed siblings!! Then take those chicks-F2 chicks that are actually lavender and breed back to parent group..?

That makes sense. And If you cross Lavender F2 birds back onto their pure Barnevelder parents, you'll only get birds split to Lavender again. So you might split the group up into some smaller breeding groups to try different pairings out.

That makes sense. And If you cross Lavender F2 birds back onto their pure Barnevelder parents, you'll only get birds split to Lavender again. So you might split the group up into some smaller breeding groups to try different pairings out.

right, yep not so fun if going back to splits..

Back
Top Bottom