Silver laced Cochin gender specific colouring

Poodlemum

Crowing
Aug 26, 2021
Northern Utah
Are laced Cochins able to be sexed by the same “rules” (not the word I’m looking for, brain fog yay) as Wyandottes? We’ve raised a LOT of bantam Cochin roos, like never had a pullet lol. The darker band is giving me a bit of anxiety on this 10 week chick, but none of ours have not had massive combs/wattles by this age 🤷🏽‍♀️ The frazzle is very obviously a roo

7413195D-7373-4FD1-9C13-D6154236980C.jpeg

I am leaning pullet with this little one. What I believe I’m seeing is very poor lacing by the base of the neck but there still is some white. I’ve usually seen much larger of a black patch on the back of the neck on cockerels.

I am leaning pullet with this little one. What I believe I’m seeing is very poor lacing by the base of the neck but there still is some white. I’ve usually seen much larger of a black patch on the back of the neck on cockerels.
Upon closer inspection, I do feel that poor lacing is more accurate than a solid band. My Wyandotte cockerel has truly solid feathers and these are all slightly coloured at the very least

Back
Top Bottom