Humidity and temp question, Nurture Right 360

Pics

Sylver Queen

Crowing
9 Years
Jul 21, 2014
California
I know guys, yet another question on the NR. ;) Sorry, but I think I looked over every other thread and I'm a first-time incubator and just candled my eggs on day 9 and there's clearly development but I'm worried about temp and humidity. I got some Govee thermometer/hygrometers, this kind (https://a.co/d/4SpHv0a), and it said it was too cool and 8 percentage points lower on humidity than the incubator reading proclaimed. All three Govees match each other and seem highly sensitive, but does anyone have experience with this kind of Govee? Or a recommendation for a different one?

I bumped the temp up to 100°F in my NR and it still ranges between 99.5 and 98.9 according to the independent thermometer. Also I'm sketched about drowning the chicks so drew the air cell on the eggs that were light enough to see. The dark ones I figure are about the same. Anyhow, current advice appreciated. 🤗 Thanks!

(Pic for interest, from Day 1, but I moved them all to the outer ring and Govee is in inner now. Took reading on outer first. Opening this thing as seldom as possible. ; )

Attachments

• PXL_20240420_180352777.jpg
    PXL_20240420_180352777.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 114
I know guys, yet another question on the NR. ;) Sorry, but I think I looked over every other thread and I'm a first-time incubator and just candled my eggs on day 9 and there's clearly development but I'm worried about temp and humidity. I got some Govee thermometer/hygrometers, this kind (https://a.co/d/4SpHv0a), and it said it was too cool and 8 percentage points lower on humidity than the incubator reading proclaimed. All three Govees match each other and seem highly sensitive, but does anyone have experience with this kind of Govee? Or a recommendation for a different one?

I bumped the temp up to 100°F in my NR and it still ranges between 99.5 and 98.9 according to the independent thermometer. Also I'm sketched about drowning the chicks so drew the air cell on the eggs that were light enough to see. The dark ones I figure are about the same. Anyhow, current advice appreciated. 🤗 Thanks!

(Pic for interest, from Day 1, but I moved them all to the outer ring and Govee is in inner now. Took reading on outer first. Opening this thing as seldom as possible. ; )
I have those, plus a couple other versions of Govees, and all are pretty close to each other.

Humidity isn't as critical as temperature, and I sure don't trust the NR360 to be correct as I'm not alone in learning both temp and humidity readings are off. I'd go with what the Govee's are telling you.

For temp, I had it set to 100.5 which = 99.5.

Best wishes for a successful hatch!!

I have those, plus a couple other versions of Govees, and all are pretty close to each other.

Humidity isn't as critical as temperature, and I sure don't trust the NR360 to be correct as I'm not alone in learning both temp and humidity readings are off. I'd go with what the Govee's are telling you.

For temp, I had it set to 100.5 which = 99.5.

Best wishes for a successful hatch!!
Thank you so much! I bumped the temp up in the incubator. The room it's in is a good temp as I have been maintaining it, but it still didn't seem to be cooking warm enough so hopefully now all will be well. Thanks again for your input!! :)

Thank you so much! I bumped the temp up in the incubator. The room it's in is a good temp as I have been maintaining it, but it still didn't seem to be cooking warm enough so hopefully now all will be well. Thanks again for your input!! :)
You are so welcome!

I know room temp matters but we had nowhere else to put two incubators but our bedroom in front of a window no less! Our house stays 69F, a tad lower than is recommended but nothing I can do about it as hubby would complain it’s too hot. I keep the drapes pulled and hang bath towels behind each incubator. It looks like a shrine, but whatever works lol!

Let us know how you come out. I’m sure they’ll be fine now!

You are so welcome!

I know room temp matters but we had nowhere else to put two incubators but our bedroom in front of a window no less! Our house stays 69F, a tad lower than is recommended but nothing I can do about it as hubby would complain it’s too hot. I keep the drapes pulled and hang bath towels behind each incubator. It looks like a shrine, but whatever works lol!

Let us know how you come out. I’m sure they’ll be fine now!
Haha, I hear you. We do what we cann. ;D I've got a blanket wrapped around mine to insulate and everything looks good, so now it's a waiting game! I will for sure update, thank you!

I have the same govees and some older versions, they are pretty accurate. My NR360 was spot on the first year I used it, but this year it was off by almost 2 degrees (I always run it for a few days empty with a couple govees) I adjusted it accordingly. Do keep in mind that as the NR360 rotates there will be hot and cool spots, if you downloaded the app and are monitoring the govees just be sure your hot spots aren't too hot. Also be sure the towel you have wrapped around the incubator isn't blocking the ventilation holes. Happy hatching!

I have the same govees and some older versions, they are pretty accurate. My NR360 was spot on the first year I used it, but this year it was off by almost 2 degrees (I always run it for a few days empty with a couple govees) I adjusted it accordingly. Do keep in mind that as the NR360 rotates there will be hot and cool spots, if you downloaded the app and are monitoring the govees just be sure your hot spots aren't too hot. Also be sure the towel you have wrapped around the incubator isn't blocking the ventilation holes. Happy hatching!
Thank you! I hadn't downloaded the app and had just been looking at the thermometer with a flashlight 20 times a day. ;-) I downloaded it today so I could keep track (super handy) and the hottest it gets anywhere in the rotation is 100.2°F. I went ahead and reduced the temp again but then it hovers at 99.3 average. Probably okay, and average humidity keeps at around 50%. And I keep the vent holes very open. :) Thanks again!

Sorry, one more question! On one setting the highest temp is 100.2 but it averages 99.6 and on the other setting the lowest is 98.8 but averages 99.3. any advice on which is better, a little high or a little low? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom