Silver Laced Orpingtons (LF)

My birds came in!!! They are at the post office
big_smile.png
I'm so very excited for you! I've subscribed and can't wait to see your new birds!!

I have to admit, this bird is a bit embarrassing. It took a bit of courage to post htis publicly, but hopefully we will all benefit from this. This si one of my Silvers that my husband ordered for me for my 43 birthday. I am not sure what is going on with this coloring, other than BAD genetics. ANy thoughts with those of you seasoned?

This bird is 5 weeks old. Sorry the pic isn't so great. This was my tablet and it was not happy with me. See the tips? That is NOT lacing like I expected. And the it's really muddy.

Ewe Crazy- did you see this on some of your birds you culled? Is this normal in a gene pool you are working on?

Hope my other 3 from different breeder work out better.

I have to admit, this bird is a bit embarrassing. It took a bit of courage to post htis publicly, but hopefully we will all benefit from this. This si one of my Silvers that my husband ordered for me for my 43 birthday. I am not sure what is going on with this coloring, other than BAD genetics. ANy thoughts with those of you seasoned? This bird is 5 weeks old. Sorry the pic isn't so great. This was my tablet and it was not happy with me. See the tips? That is NOT lacing like I expected. And the it's really muddy. Ewe Crazy- did you see this on some of your birds you culled? Is this normal in a gene pool you are working on? Hope my other 3 from different breeder work out better.
I wonder how this bird will molt out? Does lacing improve when they mature?

I think it's a little soon to be judging the quality of the lacing.
Once the bird gets fully feathered in (8-10 weeks) you can start to judge color and type comes a little later usually.
Typically lacing doesn't get better after molts, but sometimes it does improve from juvenile to adult stage simply because the feathers are still growing.
I'd give it a few weeks before making any final decisions.

Back
Top Bottom