Silver Laced Orpingtons (LF)

Pics
Hello everyone,
my name is Anja, I am new to this forum and I love your SLO pictures. I am from Germany and my English is not very good but I hope you can understand me. My SLO birds are from 2013 - I bought some hatching eggs from a breeder in England (this breeder bought the parent birds from Keith Gibbons). Currently I have two roosters and four hens (one of them is broody now) and lots of babies. Hopefully I can post some pictures.
The silver lacing of my birds is not very good - this is something I will work on in future generations. Also I must improve the combs.
In my avatar picture you can see my rooster Erik. He is one year old and father of some of my babies.

Handsome! Your English seems to be just fine!:D I wish I could afford to import some birds from Europe!!!

Hello everyone,
my name is Anja, I am new to this forum and I love your SLO pictures. I am from Germany and my English is not very good but I hope you can understand me. My SLO birds are from 2013 - I bought some hatching eggs from a breeder in England (this breeder bought the parent birds from Keith Gibbons). Currently I have two roosters and four hens (one of them is broody now) and lots of babies. Hopefully I can post some pictures.
The silver lacing of my birds is not very good - this is something I will work on in future generations. Also I must improve the combs.
In my avatar picture you can see my rooster Erik. He is one year old and father of some of my babies.

Your english is fantastic! Better than most Americans
1f609.png
and far better than my German lol welcome to the forum! Looking forward to pics of your birds!

What are the "standards" for combs on this coloring? Just typical Orpington standards? 5-6 points evenly spaced...

Good news! My coloring seems to be improving a bit! Also, my 3 tiny babies have their firs tiny wing feathers.. I just love those.
love.gif

I am hopeful that between them all I will have enough to work with!

Well the thread kinda died off so I'm gonna spark it back in gear! I just sold one of my Black English Roosters! $30 I was happy to see him go! I am excited to say my Silver Laced are still feathering Silver so I am in LOVE
love.gif
!!! I am trying to sell all my english orpingtons that aren't gonna be used for breeding! I will be keeping my 4 Golden Laced and my 2 Silver Laced aka 3 rooster and 3 hens! 1 Silver Rooster and 2 Golden Laced Rooster and I also have 1 Silver Hen and 2 Golden Laced Hens!! I aslo my keep my Blue Hen and Black Roo but it just all depends. I'd have such a hard time getting rid of them!
hit.gif

I now have 13 breeds and several bloodlines! I just made a chart for the intricate banding system that has evolved. I need to keep them separate so as to know what bloodlines I am using. Whew!

I have some that I will not be breeding any longer. Roos will be leaving but the females will head over to the egg production side. Getting rid of birds I have had for some time can be difficult, but I have so many not that few hold a place in my heart. There are some that I will have whether they lay or not! They are my sweeties.

I  now have 13 breeds and several bloodlines!  I just made a chart for the intricate banding system that has evolved.  I need to keep them separate so as to know what bloodlines I am using.  Whew!

I have some that I will not be breeding any longer.  Roos will be leaving but the females will head over to the egg production side.  Getting rid of birds I have had for some time can be difficult, but I have so many not that few hold a place in my heart.  There are some that I will have whether they lay or not!  They are my sweeties.
what breed and color roosters do you have?

Sold all my roosters except for 1 black English orp! I have 4 cockerels...... Lol I will sell 1 or 2! I have a golden laced and a chocolate cuckoo for sale! If interested pm me! :D

Well the thread kinda died off so I'm gonna spark it back in gear! I just sold one of my Black English Roosters! $30 I was happy to see him go! I am excited to say my Silver Laced are still feathering Silver so I am in LOVE :love !!! I am trying to sell all my english orpingtons that aren't gonna be used for breeding! I will be keeping my 4 Golden Laced and my 2 Silver Laced aka 3 rooster and 3 hens! 1 Silver Rooster and  2 Golden Laced Rooster and I also have 1 Silver Hen and 2 Golden Laced Hens!! I aslo my keep my Blue Hen and Black Roo but it just all depends. I'd have such a hard time getting rid of them! :hit

You will need blue to get your mauve bunch right?

Back
Top Bottom