Silver Laced Orpingtons

I'm thinking I saw that High Rock Chicks was selling hatching eggs. She has a FB page with all contact info and hatching schedules. Just search under High Rock Chicks.

I have fertile purebred Silver Laced Orpington eggs. PM me if interested. I have a bunch of chicks, too, but most are 4 days old (Easter hatch).

That looks like my rooster! :)

In breeding the Pure English Silver Laced Orpingtons, it can happen when the comb does not appear as a normal looking Orpingtons comb (with the correct amount of points) some of these combs can and will appear flat with some having only a few points. This comes from the Silver Laced, many generations ago in the development of the Silver laced being introduced to the Silver Laced Wyandotte (this was from Pricilla Middleton) crossing into the Silver Laced Wyandotte, this is also why this particular breeding line of Silver Laced (Orpingtons Gaore's, England) will also produce yellow legs/skin. The English Silver Laced is a brand new color that needs a lot of dedication/work and one should never assume this color is correct by any standards.

- Well, he doesn't have so many points, though. How many should they have?

Back
Top Bottom