Silver Laced Wyandotte Cockerels, any good?

6 month ish update. The former B has some obvious issues, so have removed it. New A and B. B still seems to be slow growing in hackles. A has a lot of a cream or beigy type color to his feathers, and not silver. Is that something that should be avoided if breeding for quality, or moved away from?
IMG_2591.jpg
IMG_2618.jpg
IMG_2771.jpg
IMG_2772.jpg

Neither of the pictured birds is good enough for serious breeding. A has problems with smuttiness in saddle feathers and pointed lacing. B and C have too much black in hackle feathers. A is the better choice of the pictured birds.

One of the issues is from the slow feathering variant in these birds. You really need a male with slow feathering variant 4.

Neither of the pictured birds is good enough for serious breeding. A has problems with smuttiness in saddle feathers and pointed lacing. B and C have too much black in hackle feathers. A is the better choice of the pictured birds.

One of the issues is from the slow feathering variant in these birds. You really need a male with slow feathering variant 4.
These were juvenile birds, and with recent updates, all hackles have since grown in. However, once B started growing tail feathers, they turn toward the right, which I'm guessing is some sort of wry tail.

However, I do have another younger coming from a second batch. After some culling, can anyone give their opinions and issues on this one?

Attachments

• IMG_5753.jpg
    IMG_5753.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5760.jpg
    IMG_5760.jpg
    1,022.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5791.jpg
    IMG_5791.jpg
    1,003.6 KB · Views: 10
These were juvenile birds, and with recent updates, all hackles have since grown in. However, once B started growing tail feathers, they turn toward the right, which I'm guessing is some sort of wry tail.

However, I do have another younger coming from a second batch. After some culling, can anyone give their opinions and issues on this one?
Very good

Back
Top Bottom