Silver laced wyandotte pullets came in today!

grizleyguy

Songster
Jan 15, 2023
Acadia parish Louisiana
I'm so happy our wyandotte pullets came in. They should go well with the black Australorp pullets that are 2 wks older. I'm not mixing Australorp and wyandotte chicks until the wyandottes get around same size as Australorp.

Both were ordered on tractor supply website supplied by hoover hatchery. Both orders a success with no chicks sickly or dead

Attachments

• IMG_20230120_102231713.jpg
    IMG_20230120_102231713.jpg
    459.3 KB · Views: 30
I'm so happy our wyandotte pullets came in. They should go well with the black Australorp pullets that are 2 wks older. I'm not mixing Australorp and wyandotte chicks until the wyandottes get around same size as Australorp.

Both were ordered on tractor supply website supplied by hoover hatchery. Both orders a success with no chicks sickly or dead
Congratulations on your new babies! 🥳 They're so cute!
But, you may want to take the cardboard out of their brooder... They could get splayed leg.
Just a heads up. 😉

I read that it's best to have cardboard for first 2 days so they don't try to eat the wood shavings. Have you heard this
👍 Chicks don’t know what food is yet so you’re correct about covering the shavings. Paper towel gives better traction and clean up is super easy. Cardboard is slippery and may lead to injuries.

I have one and I have never had a more vocal chatter box loud chick 😂 I lovingly named her (( motor mouth)) 😂😂😂

Back
Top Bottom