Silver Laced Wyandotte sexing

Pics

Big one is a 4 month old SLW def a rooster. The others are 2 months old. Only picture I have at the moment. Pullets?

Please help, I'm just at a loss about the gender of my SLW. They are 10 weeks old.
Here's #1

Here's #2

Number 2 is very skittish. I can hardly move in her direction without her freaking out. She was the runt and struggled with pasty butt. So i was always Granby at her when she was smaller....
any ideas?? Thanks!

Wyandottes get pink combs and wattles pretty early compared to alot of other breeds. Cockerels usually have much bigger and redder combs and wattles by that age. #1 has some nice rounded female saddle feathers coming in. I have no doubt that one is female. #2 has much wider black lacing on her feathers that makes it harder to see their shape but the comb and wattle development is about the same as #1... so I think #2 is female as well but with less certainty than #1.

Pullet. Black feathers are shiny and reflective on adult chickens in both sexes. Some black chickens have a green sheen to their feathers. Others have a blue or purple sheen to them.

Wyandottes get pink combs and wattles pretty early compared to alot of other breeds. Cockerels usually have much bigger and redder combs and wattles by that age. #1 has some nice rounded female saddle feathers coming in. I have no doubt that one is female. #2 has much wider black lacing on her feathers that makes it harder to see their shape but the comb and wattle development is about the same as #1... so I think #2 is female as well but with less certainty than #1. 

Thank you! They look so different from each other, so I'm just at a loss. Thanks for your input

Back
Top Bottom