Silver Laced Wyandotte sexing

Pics
and again I have new chicks born July 4th weekend 2013 hatched 7 I have 2 Rooster's and 5 hens, and the males are maturing way faster then hens..

Hi everyone, looking for best beginner advice! we have 5 chickens now. 3 marans, 1 black stary, and 1 ee roo. They are all 14 weeks and 12 weeks. My friend has two extra 2 month old chicks and 1 is a black austrolorp, and 1 a slw. what tell tale signs do I look for to make sure I don't get another rooster? also what is the best way to add the 2 month olds? will I be shaking things up in the flock I have now? they all get along great and rooster doesn't crow on regular basis, so hoping this doesn't bring out the crow or pecking amongst them! thank you all for your help!
hugs.gif

Hello all! I am new to chickens and am trying to sex my SLW. She (I'll call her that till I find out she isn't lol) is about 6 or 7 weeks old. Any advice or opinions??
fl.gif

I got 4 chicks in the mail this morning. 2 of them are darker than the other two.. does that mean 2 hens and 2 roos? I got them as straight run and 1 of the lighter ones can't get up and might die;( the other 3 are doing fine right now. What gender are the lighter ones? Darker ones? Thanks!!!

These 2 are 4-5 weeks old now, anybody have an opinion on sex, or is it too early? Chick #1 "Bandit" is bigger, fatter, darker and looks like it has tiny wattles developing. Chick #2 "Smokey" seems to be a bit smaller with a leaner build, more white showing especially on the neck, and no sign of any wattles developing. These are my son's pets so it doesn't really matter, but I am dying to know!
My pictures got uploaded backwards. The first 2 pics are chick #2, and the last 2 are chick #1.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom