Silver lakenvelders

Whitepines

Crowing
13 Years
Apr 10, 2011
Maryland
I only hatched out two and was hoping for a pair. I know sexing is supposed to be tricky with this breed but pretty sure I have two cockerels?
IMG_0935.jpeg
IMG_0932.jpeg
IMG_0940.jpeg

The one with the more pronounced and red comb is a definite cockerel.
The other one I think could go either way, so update that one in a few more weeks.

Also, how old are they?

Hello! If it helps, this is my silver lakenvelder pullet (at least I'm pretty sure she is lol) who is currently 9 weeks old. She's a little bit older than your pair, but I've noticed her comb has stayed pretty small and pale pink compared to those two.

Attachments

• PXL_20230630_174441478.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230630_174441478.MP.jpg
    673.3 KB · Views: 16
Hello! If it helps, this is my silver lakenvelder pullet (at least I'm pretty sure she is lol) who is currently 9 weeks old. She's a little bit older than your pair, but I've noticed her comb has stayed pretty small and pale pink compared to those two.
Thank you! Boy, I am roostered out. I got 11 out of 18 from my hatchery straight run adopt me assortment. Then, if these are both roosters, I will have five out of seven from these eggs I hatched. 😭 at least I am pretty sure I have a pair of Ayem cemani and they are gorgeous.

Thank you! Boy, I am roostered out. I got 11 out of 18 from my hatchery straight run adopt me assortment. Then, if these are both roosters, I will have five out of seven from these eggs I hatched. 😭 at least I am pretty sure I have a pair of Ayem cemani and they are gorgeous.
Oh that's terrible! So sorry to hear!

Back
Top Bottom