Sizzle sexing Boy or girl????

Chris Herzog

Songster
8 Years
Oct 16, 2011
Covington
Not the best pics but I tried to get some close head shots....

Boy or girl? I'm thinking boy.

Boy or girl??? I think girl.

Boy or girl? I think girl.

Last one...Boy or girl? I'm not sure on this one.

Thanks guys,
Chris

I agree the partridge are girls. The buff looks girlish too, except for the very pink and largish comb, but its a single and they tend to do that earlier than a walnut comb (which is desired on sizzles). You black (which looks blue to me) has the swept back crest my boys get, but sometimes my girls do that too.

Not much help huh? Here's a picture of a couple of my Sizzle chicks around the same age as your chicks (though probably a little younger):

The one on the left was a cockerel, his comb was much bigger earlier and he took longer to feather out. Notice the pullet already has some feathers on her head and little crest starting to pop up. Anyway, the difference in their combs was pretty noticable. But its much harder when you're comparing chicks with different types of combs.

I need help figuring out whether one of our Sizzles is a boy or a girl. He/she is about 6-8 weeks old, she is about 9-10 inches tall, and he/she is named Mop (yes, it is named Mop). We got it from a friend who could no longer take care of it and its friend, (sibling, maybe) who I think is a girl (Her name is Dusty Odette and instead of being a Sizzle, she is a Frizzled Silkie, but I heard that is possible). Mop has an unusually large and bright red comb and waddle. My family and I don't know if we can keep a rooster, but we already love him/her dearly (even if we did just get them today), and I have heard of some people having unusually large-combed hens that also have oddly red combs. So again, I ask, does anyone know for sure if Mop is a boy? Here is a picture:
6-8 weeks old and a comb like that! That's a roo!

They were all hatched on Thanksgiving day. So what.....10 weeks tomorrow!

Non of these birds act like roos at all. I have 9 other birds that were all hatched at the same time and the roos are starting to stand out.

Chris

So I'm wondering what these 4 turned out to be? Im attempting to try to sex my much younger, in fact much too young to sex sizzles. Its just nice to see these threads updated!

Any thoughts on what this 5 month old smooth sizzle is? There are very tiny rose colored wattles and a small smooth comb.

Back
Top Bottom