skin disease??

I wish I could help, but to me they could be tumors, which are common in both Mareks disease and avian lymphoid leukosis. Do you have any poultry or avian centers, where you could email the pictures?

I wish I could help, but to me they could be tumors, which are common in both Mareks disease and avian lymphoid leukosis. Do you have any poultry or avian centers, where you could email the pictures?

Hmm maybe, I just cant find any pictures of anything similar online! Not really, I could take him to the vet but they don't specialize in birds/poultry so I don't know how much they would be able to help

Possible cyst like thing. See if you can break the sides away from the healthy skin. If it does, try to pull it out of the skin. Sometimes cysts have root like bottoms. If you get it all out, flush out with peroxide until it is not bubbling much. Then use a small travel sized spray bottle ful of water with a half inch of tea tree oil on top. Shake and spray the wound and surrounding area until soaked,after patting wound dry with a clean paper towel or something. Leave the chicken separate. Treat twice a day the first day or 2. Then once a day until it is clearly dried out and scabbing up. You should not need to cover it up. The smell should prevent it picking at it. I do not know what your chicken has, but this should heal it quickly. I keep a spray bottle in my hicken med kit at all times. Best thing I have ever used.

I really, really, really wish folk would follow up on posts like this. I have a bantam frizzle hen with a big owie like this where I thought it might have been rooster spur damage, but it looks odd. I saw it maybe a week after so it was already hard and crusty like this chicken's photo.

Back
Top Bottom