Skinny duckling

kycklingmamma

Songster
11 Years
Jun 10, 2008
My slice of Heaven on Earth...
Hi there folks!

We have 27 li'l three-four week old ducklings of various breeds, we know we have several runner ducks, one itty bitty mallard, a few blue Swedish, pekings, and for the rest we are stumped.
One of them is so skinny compared to any other duckling, he seems fine, eats and is active as the others, should we be concerned? They ones that we know are runners are even bigger, but I do think this li'l fella is a runner as well. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Hi there folks!

We have 27 li'l three-four week old ducklings of various breeds, we know we have several runner ducks, one itty bitty mallard, a few blue Swedish, pekings, and for the rest we are stumped.
One of them is so skinny compared to any other duckling, he seems fine, eats and is active as the others, should we be concerned? They ones that we know are runners are even bigger, but I do think this li'l fella is a runner as well. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.
Can the lil one get to the food and water easy enough, sometimes when they are smaller they have a harder time because the bigger ones will crowd them out. you also might want to pick up some poultry vitamins and put into the water to help it get going better, they can all benefit from this. When you get a chance how about a group shot of them all that would be interesting getting all 27 to look at the camera. lol and
welcome-byc.gif

As you can tell in my previous pic he is very skinny. He is the one straight ahead standing behind a crested runner duck
I will go into town tomorrow and get him some vitamins and see how it goes.

Thank you for your swift response

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom