Skinny hen very light

Jangela

Chirping
Jan 17, 2023
Hi everyone I have a 5 month pullet who doesn’t want to eat is not sick and doesn’t have mites . When she jumps off the roost she almost falls over . She is vary almost pure bones and doesn’t want to gain weight is there anything I can do for her

Attachments

• IMG_2762.jpeg
    IMG_2762.jpeg
    593.5 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2761.jpeg
    IMG_2761.jpeg
    594.3 KB · Views: 7
Do you have multiple feed and water stations in case she is bullied or low in pecking order? Is there any food in her crop? Has she started to get in the nest boxes and lay eggs yet? What is the rest of your flock like—older hens, roosters, cockerels, etc?

Do you have multiple feed and water stations in case she is bullied or low in pecking order? Is there any food in her crop? Has she started to get in the nest boxes and lay eggs yet? What is the rest of your flock like—older hens, roosters, cockerels, etc?
There is multiple feeders with cracked corn and feed and water 5 gallons and always one extra. There is only a little bit or none in her crop. doesn’t want to force feed her she haven’t start laying my other hens and roosters all eat and is healthy. And so are my chicks .

What's her diet? Have you ever wormed her?
She eats cracked corn and feed . I have wormed her before with garlic and apple cider vinegar in the water . She also eats fresh vegetables and fruit as a treat once in a while

She eats cracked corn and feed . I have wormed her before with garlic and apple cider vinegar in the water . She also eats fresh vegetables and fruit as a treat once in a while
Cut out the corn and get a feed with atleast 17% protein.
Garlic and acv aren't wormers and garlic is toxic to chickens. They didn't do diddly jack. Get a real wormer and dose accordingly.

Cut out the corn and get a feed with atleast 17% protein.
Garlic and acv aren't wormers and garlic is toxic to chickens. They didn't do diddly jack. Get a real wormer and dose accordingly.
Ok thank you What wormer can I use

Back
Top Bottom