Sleepy Girl all the time past 2 weeks..

we got fluids in... little bit of a baby bird food this morning. nice warm bath , blow dry in front of fireplace with christmas of music . she is about the same so that's where we are right now .keep pushing fluids and the babyfeed.. she lapped it right up.. status quo for now

She spent the day relxing and drinkjng a little on her own.... tonight..a solid poo bit really dark green and brown.. just small amt... tonight another does of dewormer..... and she wzntes to eat froma spoon.... she ate 2 tbsp of the baby bird feed, perpared as if it would have been tubed.... . she was so hunngry....i made the home made pedilyte with karo syrup instead of sugar... she seems to like that better. She is much more active.... stilll prefers eyes closed, opens sometimes.... but definitely improvement from yesterday. Will offer more food in a fews hrs...seemed to take her lots of energy to eat, but she resisted more tubing tonight... but then wanted to walk around the house.... :) definitely need to get a dog kennel so she doesnt get out of the box tonight.. :)... will continue with updates.....i hated tubing liquids.. and hoping i didnt hurt her... but thank you. Kathy and renee and all the info...it saved her life so far... hoping she will go back with her buddies in a few days...TLC at the sa for a few days... :)

Yesterday was a a better day...this morning she doesnt seem as perky.... shes been passing a lot green poo...im not sure what worms look like but some of the poo looks almost like smal grubbs... we keep hyfrating... shes walking around this morning....bu still she wont open her eyes ezcept briefly.. she ate about 2 tbsb off bebybird feed..... a few scrambled egfs nd about a tsp of plin yogurt...... i hope her crop is ok.. from the tube. hydrating..... i have to hold food where she is pecking because she wont open her eyes to find it........i dont want to have to tube her again.....but will if we have to.....

She will drinkif i hold the water close....but not sure she is drinking on her own....... today will be dose 3 of the safeguard.....im going to pick up something for mites too.....

Thoughts?

35 to 40 cc in moring and she probably drank 2 -4 oz out of a cup i held in front of her.... plus the liquids in her food... i made it thin on purpose

I have to work tomorrow......but will take her to vet tomorrow if no significant improvement by tomorrow.......and will hydrate her more in a couple of hrs

Still wont eat or drink by herself....... started with some vitamins in her food.... been feeding and watering..about everything 3 hrs except during night..... she eats by hand....and sometimes purr while doing it.....

husband wants to put her back out in the coop.... with the lamp..... she has had watery and some more solid poo....made her perch ...she just seems content to sit there.....and sleep, preen,

we are at such a loss as to what to do to help her.....i think it time for a trip to vet...

Back
Top Bottom