Slow writing and missed letters and spaces..

Are any members still seeing this problem? If so, which browser and version are you using?
Hey, NC! Bad enough, this AM (8.1/Chrome), first time I'd seen the problem (no text displaying after typing, for a couple seconds - unable to scroll fully loaded page with mouse without intermittent lack of ability to do so). I could correlate this with developer tools console window highlighting of what was trying to load. This bunch was the worst: http://www.switchads.com/ (their hub). (the 505/404 errors displayed in the banner ad function? Maybe network traffic on LD weekend? haven't seen any today). No problems this afternoon, so far. However, somehow, this is sneaking through (`cache', etc., here, is squeaky clean.) When I clicked to go BACK from post in a thread to main topic list in TURKEYS, the screen was immediately covered by this cwap (if anyone else sees this pop-up DO NOT CLICK ON EITHER BUTTON. Kill your browser, clean your cache and sign back in. Like to know what this trash is riding into BYC, on...

I'm using Google Chrome on a Windows 7 OS. I did delete my cache. I haven't had trouble this afternoon, but the problem isn't constant - it seems to come and go. Some days it's terrible, other days it's not bad at all. This morning it took three tries to post a response to a post - right now it's working fine. I don't know if there's a connection but when the video ads have fast moving frames and lots of sound, (which I turn down as soon as I get here) it seems to be worse. I upgraded my Flash player as well. After that, my computer knowledge would fit in a pullet egg. I appreciate you trying to help with this. It's not enough to make me leave BYC, but it has expanded my, um vocabulary significantly - I didn't know I knew some of those words!
hide.gif

It can't be my computer, I use PCmatic and they said on TV they solve all problems, always.

It must be the IE I use on windows 8.....ANd Dang it started it again....but not as bad as was.

I'm using Google Chrome on a Windows 7 OS.  I did delete my cache.  I haven't had trouble this afternoon, but the problem isn't constant - it seems to come and go.  Some days it's terrible, other days it's not bad at all.  This morning it took three tries to post a response to a post - right now it's working fine.  I don't know if there's a connection but when the video ads have fast moving frames and lots of sound, (which I turn down as soon as I get here) it seems to be worse.  I upgraded my Flash player as well.  After that, my computer knowledge would fit in a pullet egg.  I appreciate you trying to help with this. It's not enough to make me leave BYC, but it has expanded my, um vocabulary significantly - I didn't know I knew some of those words!  :oops:

Chrome:

Settings:
Advanced Settings
Pivacy: Content Settings
Plug-ins (set button to: CLICK TO PLAY)

Back
Top Bottom