SMALL INCUBATORS

AmyLittle

In the Brooder
Mar 10, 2015
Ohio
I would like try to hatch a few eggs. Are their any small incubators that anyone knows of. I have done some research but all I've found are big expensive ones. This is for the future I'm not in a hurry

Last edited:
Have you checked out the Brinsea Mini series? I've got the Mini Advance, it's my first incubator, and I'm currently on day 15 of my first time incubating. It holds 7 hen eggs (12 quail) and so far it's been a champ.

I would like try to hatch a few eggs. Are their any small incubators that anyone knows of. I have done some research but all I've found are big expensive ones. This is for the future I'm not in a hurry
I can give you some ebay links for some smaller ones, but I can't tell you how good of products they are.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Egg-Incubat...891?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item487bdabc23

http://www.ebay.com/itm/48-Eggs-Dig...263?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27f86bb6cf

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-Tra...620?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ad8079d74

There's also always the cheaper styrofoam bators such as the Little Giant, Hovabator, Farm Innovators that will do 42 eggs + at a reletively lower cost.

You want to take into consideration how much time you have to monitor as some of these (styro) bators are not set it and forget it bators and need a little more babying than the more elite Brinseas and such.

Thanks everyone. I'm going to keep researching and I will look into your suggestions. I don't want to get one until I've checked everything out. I'm also going to look into building one but I'm afraid I wouldn't do something right.

On eBay there is a incubator called the Janoel there's is a 10 12 and more, I recommend these from personal expiernce
Also from personal expiernce, styrofoam incubator are extremely difficult to get good hatch rates, due temp fluctuations, humidity issues and lockdown is always really difficult

Thanks everyone. I'm going to keep researching and I will look into your suggestions. I don't want to get one until I've checked everything out. I'm also going to look into building one but I'm afraid I wouldn't do something right.

If your interested in building you own, Incubator Warehouse has a incukit they created its almost fool proof if you go to the website or youtube you can find information.

On eBay there is a incubator called the Janoel there's is a 10 12 and more, I recommend these from personal expiernce
Also from personal expiernce, styrofoam incubator are extremely difficult to get good hatch rates, due temp fluctuations, humidity issues and lockdown is always really difficult
I have a older model Little Giant. Good hatch rates, temp stability no humidity issues and no problems at lock down. With that being said, it has the fan kit and it is more work and more babysitting to keep these conditions. There's little things you learn with them as you go to get the good hatch rates and temp stability. They are more touchy than other incubators, it is harder to adjust the heating knobs. The newer ones are digital, but I have heard a lot of negative reviews on them. I actually like my older one. They are not for a busy person who is away from the house all day. They are definitely NOT set 'em and forget 'em bators. They need monitoring.

I've heard decent reviews with both the hovabator and the farm innovators pro. (I've also heard a few negatives.) When you are considering reviews on incubators it's hard to judge because not every bad review is truthful to the product's abiity. There's a lot in incubation that I feel is user error. I know I have heard enough negative things about the newer Little Giant bators that I would not buy one. I'd go for the hovabator or Farm Innovator's model first. It's better to have the forced air than the still air as well.

I've also heard decent things with the Janoels as well.

Back
Top Bottom