Small nesting box for Broody Hen

Cooing means that she is talking to the chicks in the eggs encouraging them.

Although the suspense might seem unbearable, just let her do her thing and wait.
Well, that's so sweet, the cooing part!
Yes, the suspense is high. I'm anxious for her. She's gone broody before I had a Roo and now is her time. I believe she will be a good mama.

Well, that's so sweet, the cooing part!
Yes, the suspense is high. I'm anxious for her. She's gone broody before I had a Roo and now is her time. I believe she will be a good mama.
It is! They have an incredible range of vocal expressions and so many nuances that one will only experience when they have chicks.

Fingers crossed that everything goes well. :fl

It is! They have an incredible range of vocal expressions and so many nuances that one will only experience when they have chicks.

Fingers crossed that everything goes well. :fl
I have listened to them and their strange sounds and try to associate with what's going on around them. It's quite interesting and fun at the same time. I love the egg song, each one is a bit different for sure!

That is best, no need rushing this. The least you bother them is the best.
I do have a odd question, I have a buff roo and a buff hen, it appears that he's mating with her frequently. Her back feathers are gone and skin is showing now. I had a apron on her for over a month and took it off cuz I wondered how will her feathers grow back if they're covered all the time. I'm of the mind to put it back on her. How long should she wear it?

Well a bit off topic - did the chicks hatch?

But as to the barebacks, I have found they bother people more than they bother chickens. Do she still love him, hang out with him? If so, you really don't have to do anything. If she is hiding in the coop, then you need to separate him.

I do have a odd question, I have a buff roo and a buff hen, it appears that he's mating with her frequently. Her back feathers are gone and skin is showing now. I had a apron on her for over a month and took it off cuz I wondered how will her feathers grow back if they're covered all the time. I'm of the mind to put it back on her. How long should she wear it?
A little rooster pedicure can help to reduce hens' feather damage and prevent cuts.

How many chicks hatched? Unless it was a staggered hatch they should be out and about with momma hen by now.

Well a bit off topic - did the chicks hatch?

But as to the barebacks, I have found they bother people more than they bother chickens. Do she still love him, hang out with him? If so, you really don't have to do anything. If she is hiding in the coop, then you need to separate him.
Nothing....I'm out here now sitting. So disappointing there are no babies, no little peeps . I thought for sure by now there would be something. 😔
Olive Oil still Loves Popeye even tho he's made her back raw. So I will do nothing. She's pretty sassy but loves him to a fault. 😂
Thanks to everyone for all the advice and encouragement. I'll give her a couple more days.

Back
Top Bottom