Small round egg

Small brown egg

Attachments

• IMG_0485.jpeg
    IMG_0485.jpeg
    379.1 KB · Views: 3
The egg laying process is pretty complicated. Sometimes something goes wrong. A tiny egg from a 5-year-old hen might be a perfectly formed miniature egg with a tiny yolk and a small amount of white. These are really rare and I have no idea what causes them. I've never seen one but there have been scale photos on this forum.

It is possible that it contains nothing but a yolk. For whatever reason no egg white was added.

What I suspect is that it has no yolk, is just egg white. Some bit of foreign material went through the hen's internal egg making factory and egg white and a shell were formed around it. When you open it you may not even be able to find that foreign material.

As long as it is rare it is not a big deal. We are all allowed an occasional oops. If it becomes a common occurrence then there is probably something wrong with your hen. That can happen when they get old.

The egg laying process is pretty complicated. Sometimes something goes wrong. A tiny egg from a 5-year-old hen might be a perfectly formed miniature egg with a tiny yolk and a small amount of white. These are really rare and I have no idea what causes them. I've never seen one but there have been scale photos on this forum.

It is possible that it contains nothing but a yolk. For whatever reason no egg white was added.

What I suspect is that it has no yolk, is just egg white. Some bit of foreign material went through the hen's internal egg making factory and egg white and a shell were formed around it. When you open it you may not even be able to find that foreign material.

As long as it is rare it is not a big deal. We are all allowed an occasional oops. If it becomes a common occurrence then there is probably something wrong with your hen. That can happen when they get old.
Thank you

Open it up and see what's inside.

Fairy, fart, wind, rooster eggs are usually from a tiny piece of tissue breaking loose from the reproductive tract, or an immature ova(yolk) and the body forms an egg around it. Color can be darker than 'normal' as the pigment coating released has to cover a much smaller area so is thicker. Can happen with any age layer, but more common with older layers.

Open it up and see what's inside.

Fairy, fart, wind, rooster eggs are usually from a tiny piece of tissue breaking loose from the reproductive tract, or an immature ova(yolk) and the body forms an egg around it. Color can be darker than 'normal' as the pigment coating released has to cover a much smaller area so is thicker. Can happen with any age layer, but more common with older layers.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom