Smoke in the air....

Jolyn

Songster
11 Years
Apr 5, 2008
Northern California
Here in California the wild fires are every where. There isn't one too close to us to be dangerous but the smoke is killing us. My eyes hurt and my lungs do too. It's smoky and on top of that it's HOT!!

How are my chickens going to do in this? It's been weeks and i don't see any relief in the near future.

Quote:
Me 2!! fires pretty close too
sad.png

Yep, hot and nasty around here, too. I've been doing okay up until today. My eyes, nose, throat and lungs are all burning. The "girls" are off on their laying, too. And given how miserable I feel, I actually feel blessed because there are those who are in this wearing full firefighting gear, where it's really hot, battling all this to keep us safe. My prayers, thanks, and blessings go out to all those on the firelines!
Liz

We're suffering too, so I'm just trying to do for the chickens what the news is telling us to do for us, avoiding too much sun, making sure they have lots of cool, fresh water, and now I'm freezing their treats and some large jugs of water to put in their coop with a fan.

Can't clean the air but we can keep them cool at least! Cooler than 108 degrees anyway!

How do you get a chicken sized respirator anyway??
smile.png

Quote:
My DW is a nurse at a convalescent hospital and many of the old folks are on air. They are trying to keep fluids in them also. Right now the heat is the wrost for them. I am glad you saie resperaters and not those paper masks. The paper masks is the wrost thing anyone can use in this smoke.

Back
Top Bottom