Smokers Paradise (for all the smokers and BBQ lovers)

I have looked at those before but wasn't quite sold on the pellets but I guess it is no real difference than buying charcoal.    Are you pleased with yours?

Love it! The pellets are t bad, 100% wood. Have a few friends with Traegers and we buy a pallet of pellets at a time. Then our cost is like 10-12 a bag.

I smoked a pack of pork country style ribs yesterday. They'll be used for lunches this week, I'm not sure anyone had any today. Bought another turkey breast, if it's thawed tomorrow it will go in. If it's not, I also bought a big pack of chicken thighs I'll do and let the turkey wait another day. I've got another week of The Locusts being home for lunch, plus I'm trying to have things for my Honey to take for lunch instead of stopping at the little grocery store and spending $$ each day on lunch meat and cheese.

I smoked a pack of pork country style ribs yesterday. They'll be used for lunches this week, I'm not sure anyone had any today. Bought another turkey breast, if it's thawed tomorrow it will go in. If it's not, I also bought a big pack of chicken thighs I'll do and let the turkey wait another day. I've got another week of The Locusts being home for lunch, plus I'm trying to have things for my Honey to take for lunch instead of stopping at the little grocery store and spending $$ each day on lunch meat and cheese. 
you using that cherry wood Rachel?

Yep, mostly. I finished off the last bit of pecan hulls I had also, gave it a nice flavor. I've got to get the boys out to hack down those cherry branches for me. I sat down with the hatchet and did enough for the one batch of pork ribs and I was one whipped pup, let me tell you!

Yep, mostly. I finished off the last bit of pecan hulls I had also, gave it a nice flavor. I've got to get the boys out to hack down those cherry branches for me. I sat down with the hatchet and did enough for the one batch of pork ribs and I was one whipped pup, let me tell you!
if you can find an old Apple tree....try Apple wood too.

if you can find an old Apple tree....try Apple wood too.
Even better if you can find a neighbors apple tree!
big_smile.png

Joe, I love your smoker! I'm looking forward to posting pics of my son's project for school. He's turning a donated propane tank into a smoker, the issue now is building a trailer for it also. He's so excited about this project
smile.png

Years ago we took down an old dead apple tree on our place. if only I'd known......

How about pear trees, anyone know if they're good for smoking? I'm in an area of lots of pear trees.

Back
Top Bottom