Smokers Paradise (for all the smokers and BBQ lovers)

Pics
Couple flank steaks for dinner. Then a brisket to smoke overnight. Grill must have run a little warmer than intended because the brisket is done already. The ceramic grills can use so little charcoal(lump not briquettes) and be stable enough you can sleep while they cook without any sort of controller. I do use a Maverik remote thermometer that has alarms to wake me if a temp gets out of line. No need to use a water tray or wrap to keep moist, only wrap when done to rest and keep hot till dinner.
Yumm that looks delish making me hungry first thing this am.

Dinner tonight, pulled pork sandwiches, coleslaw and duck egg custard (paleo - coconut milk and maple syrup). Pictures to follow.....brb :D

Last edited:
I am so excited. I brought home a new traeger grill today... now I have to decide what to cook first....
wee.gif

And to make the day even better Spring Break starts today (I am a teacher) and...... the maran eggs are hatching. Talk about a great day! Now what to fix for lunch tomorrow..... on the grill.

I am so excited.  I brought home a new traeger grill today...  now I have to decide what to cook first....:weee

And to make the day even better  Spring Break starts today (I am a teacher)  and...... the maran eggs are hatching.  Talk about a great day!   Now what to fix for lunch tomorrow..... on the grill.
congrats on the Traeger, love ours. what model did you get? One of my favorite meals is chicken thighs, bone in and skin on please! I get good results at 350 degree for 30-40 minutes. Nice crispy skin.

We got the junior model. The salesman promises me that it will fit a turkey (18lb) and as long as it will smoke a turkey I am happy. I will have to try that. We have a whole chicken on it now and I hope it turns out good. What size do you have?

Back
Top Bottom