Smokers Paradise (for all the smokers and BBQ lovers)

Pics
We got the junior model.  The salesman promises me that it will fit a turkey (18lb) and as long as it will smoke a turkey I am happy.  I will have to try that.   We have a whole chicken on it now and I hope it turns out good.   What size do you have?   

Not sure the size, the size they sell at Costco. Will have to look and see.

Is the treager a pellet stove?
yes electronic pellet smoker with auger and thermostat.

They had 3 sizes when we purchased ours. We chose the smallest size since I have no experience with pellet stoves and wanted to see how we liked it first. I really wanted something that would hot smoke. I love smoked turkey and smoked salmon. We are a family of 4 and really don't "entertain" alot. If I do, I can always crank up my fire pit and cook that way.

Pizza was the first meal, followed by a whole chicken. Yummy. The kids declared the pizza the best they had ever had and demanded a new one for lunch the next day. No leftovers on either one. I am looking at smoking a salmon and/or ribs. I have a whole turkey that just might end up our Easter dinner but if it fits, it will be barely. (might have to split it to get it on the grill. Frozen it is 1/4 of an inch too tall. I am hoping that It will squish just enough to fit thawed. Too bad it is supposed to rain today. I guess I will just have to fire up my crock pot instead.

Pizza was the first meal, followed by a whole chicken. Yummy. The kids declared the pizza the best they had ever had and demanded a new one for lunch the next day. No leftovers on either one. I am looking at smoking a salmon and/or ribs. I have a whole turkey that just might end up our Easter dinner but if it fits, it will be barely. (might have to split it to get it on the grill. Frozen it is 1/4 of an inch too tall. I am hoping that It will squish just enough to fit thawed. Too bad it is supposed to rain today. I guess I will just have to fire up my crock pot instead.
Have you done a beer can chicken yet? OMG so good. We use a pizza stone on the smoker Asa well.'
Before After Mmmmm chicken. Also did another pork butt a few days ago.
Yumm, those look delish!

The other day I smoked some nice firm steelhead filets..... I like mine sweet candy like..... So I glazed it with local organic honey..... Then sprinkled devil's dust on it...... Smoked in Apple/cherry wood...... Came out totally yummy.......

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom