Smokers Paradise (for all the smokers and BBQ lovers)

Pics
The other day I smoked some nice firm steelhead filets..... I like mine sweet candy like..... So I glazed it with local organic honey..... Then sprinkled devil's dust on it...... Smoked in Apple/cherry wood...... Came out totally yummy.......

Sounds yummy, but what the heck is Devils dust? We have some rainbow trout that a friend gave us, I need to pull out and smoke, they were stream caught in the Colorado mountains. One of my favorite things, grew up fly fishing with my family. My grandad tied his own flies, haven't fished in years. I do miss it, not sure after neck fusions and arm surgery I can do the casting.

Our pizza from last night that we smoked. Yum

Going to do a Tri Tip roast tonight, anyone have any recipes? Marinade?

Current thoughts are a reverse sear to medium rare.

I can dial the grill into 225f indirect heat then crank it up for a sear once the meat is getting close.

I got some "whiskey barrel" oak chips for smoke.

Last edited:
Those are all nice looking smokers... hubs would be drooling right now;)
That's his daddy's day gift this year. Anyone have any suggestions? Want to do more than just smokin turkeys.

Going to do a Tri Tip roast tonight, anyone have any recipes?  Marinade?

Current thoughts are a reverse sear to medium rare.

I can dial the grill into 225f indirect heat then crank it up for a sear once the meat is getting close.

I got some "whiskey barrel" oak chips for smoke.

Never done a tri-tip. Have you checked out pellet heads forum? Good source for recipes and tips...

Those are all nice looking smokers... hubs would be drooling right now;)
That's his daddy's day gift this year. Anyone have any suggestions? Want to do more than just smokin turkeys.

Suggestions for the type of smoker or what to cook?

Sounds yummy, but what the heck is Devils dust? We have some rainbow trout that a friend gave us, I need to pull out and smoke, they were stream caught in the Colorado mountains. One of my favorite things, grew up fly fishing with my family. My grandad tied his own flies, haven't fished in years. I do miss it, not sure after neck fusions and arm surgery I can do the casting.

I have serious pain issues that are effecting my ability to fish also..... Hope you can though.... Somehow....

"Devil's Dust" if a spice mix I get front "Spice Merchants"
It contains Demeblra sugar, dried cherries, minced onion, garlic, sea salt, ancho and ghost pepper.
It's really great on allot of smoked treats...... Sweet and heat but not too much of either.

Last edited:
I am on a ceramic grill forum and that is where I found the recommendation for Tri Tip to smoke at 225f till 120internal then sear to 135f internal.

Far as a smoker recommendation I know they are a lot but I like the ceramic grills, have a Primo XL oval. Lets me do a LOT more than the tin box it replaced. They are a lot of money though, I convinced myself the 20 year ceramic warranty means I am unlikely to ever replace it.

Back
Top Bottom