Smokers Paradise (for all the smokers and BBQ lovers)

Pics
type of smoker. I know pretty much what to cook.
ok gotcha. We love our Traeger, electric pellet fed smoker. You can broil, bake, smoke and grill on it depend in the heat you use,

Looks fabulous,  I am waiting for our pizza to come out of the smoker soon.   Cooked a boston butt last night.  Yummy after a hard day on the farm.

How was the Boston butt? Did you shred it? Do you typically do a bone in or boneless? Trying to perfect my recipe....

I have serious pain issues that are effecting my ability to fish also..... Hope you can though.... Somehow....

"Devil's Dust" if a spice mix I get front "Spice Merchants"
It contains Demeblra sugar, dried cherries, minced onion, garlic, sea salt, ancho and ghost pepper.
It's really great on allot of smoked treats...... Sweet and heat but not too much of either.

That Devils Dust sounds good, thanks. Also maybe one day I can fish that would be nice.

The ceramic big green eggs are supposed to be awesome. Their price is really up there though. I use a mid priced $200-300 off-set and am rather happy with it. It leaks a little more than I would like, but it gets the job done.

The ceramic big green eggs are supposed to be awesome. Their price is really up there though. I use a mid priced $200-300 off-set and am rather happy with it. It leaks a little more than I would like, but it gets the job done.
I heard great things about that one but WHEW the price for smaller size?!

I went Primo over Big Green Egg because it is Made in America and like for the Tri Tip tonight it is easier to have a cold zone and a hot zone in an oval, high heats for say pizza are easy in the dead of winter, the pics I have seen of moving blankets to try to insulate pellet grills in winter for high temps scare me. I definitely see the draw of the pellet grills though, built in temp controller for less money is a heck of a nice selling point. I will get a controller for the ceramic grill but have done OK without sofar. Think Eggs are expensive look up Kamodo Kamado, if I ever win the lottery..................half grill, half art.

On a Boston Butt I opt for bone in whenever possible to the point of going elsewhere and paying more if need be, deboned just lets the meat open up and lose more moisture, if smoked completely the bone slides right out anyway.

I did not get a sliced pic as I was in a hurry to eat and get back to work(moving meaties outside) but this is a 1.8lbs Tri Tip, Smoked at 225-250 for 45minutes over the foil which is sitting on a ceramic heat deflector. the grate on the coals side is flipped upside down to get probably 1.5 inches closer to coals, I might buy the cast iron searing grate. I blindly grabbed whatever looked good at the moment for a brief marinade, went for an asian flavor and the sesame oil and oak smoking chips did not compliment eachother well. Nothing will go to waste but wont use that combo again.

I smoked some turkey drumsticks last week that were out off this world good...was supposed to go salmon fishing the other day but storms caused me too cancel....I'd love to smoke some salmon soon.

The local butcher/specialty grill shop had a big anniversary sale so I splurged, bought a Flame Boss 200(digital temperature control), couple bags of lump charcoal and a nice ribeye for dinner. I was going to put a brisket on the grill last night but some heavy rain rolled in so I will put that on tonight, probably smoke a pork loin for dinner tonight.

Back
Top Bottom