Smokers Paradise (for all the smokers and BBQ lovers)

Pics
Chipotle lime rubbed, cherry smoked pork loin.
Yum that looks good, how was it?
I can see hard cider working real well.....
Yes it was fantastic, much better than beer. Not that a beer can chicken isn't good just the flavor and tenderness of the bird seemed more pronounced with the cider. I was wondering if it was the sugar content in the cider compared to the beer.... Haven't been very inspired lately as far as smoking goes, haven't done anything new.

Last edited:
When I looked into the beercan chicken thing I found it quickly debunked.

Debunked how? I have seen it done and the can is firmly placed in the chickens butt while the chicken cooks? I would think that proves it happens..

As far as taste, I like it not so much because of a hops taste but the moisture from the evaporating can keeps the chicken moist, IMHO..

I am going to try the apple cider thing to see if it gets an apple taste, I know I like a chicken brined in apple juice, salt and vinegar.

It might serve to keep you from overcooking the breast while getting the thighs the extra 15f they need, but to infuse flavor you would have to get it boiling and that much heat would overcook the breast.
It is a gimmick and if done with an actual can I would worry about chemicals from ink and liner.

It might serve to keep you from overcooking the breast while getting the thighs the extra 15f they need, but to infuse flavor you would have to get it boiling and that much heat would overcook the breast.
It is a gimmick and if done with an actual can I would worry about chemicals from ink and liner.

That could all be, but I have done it with an actual can, as stated above, it was good. I did not die from beer can paint poisoning either.

Wow I have never heard either of those things and have made this style of chicken for at least 20 times in the last 4 years. I have never gotten ill. As far as the flavor that gets infused into the chicken it definitely varies depending on the type of beer. I also don't think the point is to have the flavor of the beer coming through the meat, but more imparting moisture to the meat while it cooks. Which it definitely does.

That could all be, but I have done it with an actual can, as stated above, it was good.  I did not die from beer can paint poisoning either.

Nothing beats a beer can chicken as far as moisture and taste if done on a smoker...I am still alive and kicking after at least 20 of these delicious meals. I am off to plan my next one, I love the crispy skin!!!!

Last edited:
Yum that looks good, how was it?
Yes it was fantastic, much better than beer. Not that a beer can chicken isn't good just the flavor and tenderness of the bird seemed more pronounced with the cider. I was wondering if it was the sugar content in the cider compared to the beer....

Haven't been very inspired lately as far as smoking goes, haven't done anything new.

Yeah I don't like beer but love hard cider......I've made it with 7up before too....

Back
Top Bottom